ummm... cellulite question :-/

Options
I have a question and this is sooo embarrassing for me to ask....

ok so I recently really started working my legs. My legs are huge so I decided to do a lot more cardio and squats, step classes etc. I also drink atleast 64oz of water a day.

Now I don't think my eyes are deceiving me.... it seems like the cellulite in my legs is really more noticeable now!

Is this normal???

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Yes it's normal but it gets better!

At first you start to tone up, so you have muscle mass covered with the same amount of fat but over a smaller surface are so the lumps and bumps look worse. BUT as your body fat decreases, your cellulite will get loads better as you just have less of it.

Hang in there! I started off with cellulite over my legs, arms, bottom and belly, but I've just got a little on my legs and bum now, and it's SO much better!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    One thing you have to realize about cellulite is that it's not so much a presence of fat as it is a loss of collogen and it's genetic, unfortunately.

But tightening your muscles and losing fat will eventually make it far less noticable!
  • robyng1986
    robyng1986 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    thanks! because really... all this hard work to look 'worse' is so discouraging.. but I am determined to stick it out and do the work!
  • myownbeauty100
    Options
    Hey honey,
    This has happened to me in the past.... I used coco butter thinking that would help but it did not for me.... I then tried Vaseline Active Firming Lotion. Worked great and helped mask them after awhile of use. Hope this helps.
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing when my thighs first starting getting smaller... I remember being all happy with the scale and looking at my bum and thinking... oh NO! I am happy to report, though, that the thing about it firming up is totally true. Keep doing exactly what you are doing... lots of squats and lunges and lots of water!

But seriously, the boob situation is also a little disturbing for me. Where'd my Ds go??? :laugh:
  • rosepicasso
    Options
    I would trade my fat belly for cellulite or stretch marks any day! LOL So keep at it irregardless. Also, one of my favorite things to do is drink a cold cold drink even when I'm having hot soup. I heard this causes cellulite. So my advice is try to drink room temperature drinks NOT COLD when your having hot soup to avoid cellulite. LOL ;)
  • robyng1986
    robyng1986 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i will get on my knees and praise God if my boobs shrink! lmao
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    i will get on my knees and praise God if my boobs shrink! lmao

I'm with you. But for me, short of surgery, they will always be what they are.

I've considered a mammary gland donation program for the less endowed. lol
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options
    Cardio & Toning will definitively reduce the appearance of cellulite. I also get a lymphatic drainage massage once every two weeks & I use Strevectin cream.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I actually got NEW stretch marks while loosing weight. But, the cellulite has gotten better since doing squats so keep on keepin' on girl!
  • erin_zuk
    erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    But seriously, the boob situation is also a little disturbing for me. Where'd my Ds go??? :laugh:

this is my BIGGEST fear about losing weight - I don't want my boobs to shrink!! :sad:
  • cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have this problem and it has not gone away yet. I will continue to try and work on that. Boobs, they are gone...now that is a bummer. :)
  • AveryWays
    AveryWays Posts: 150 Member
    Options

this is my BIGGEST fear about losing weight - I don't want my boobs to shrink!! :sad:

I'm living it now! I was size 44C at one point or another. Was wearing 36/38 B/C. 2 weeks ago I was at a meeting and stretched my arms. I thought my hook snapped or broke. My bra rode up! :embarassed: I had to adjust myself in the ladies room. I ran to the fitness center during lunch and asked for a tape measurement. My bust is still at 38" but the under bust was at 34"! :frown: Needless to say, I had to do bra shopping for some 34B/C :noway:
  • dointhis4me
    dointhis4me Posts: 52 Member
    Options

Tell me about it! I started roughly 175 and I'm down to 148 as of this am. And I finally got the nerve to try on bras at walmart the other night and was nearly reduced to tears to realize that I'd shrunk from a 40D to a 34B. The nerve of my body. I swear.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options

Seriously. I wish I could have the fat sucked off my thighs and put back in my bra ;)