Mirror, mirror

Options
Why is it when I look into the mirror I don't truly see the "new" me. I only notice my weight loss in photo's. Is this odd? My face and body look much better in pictures but face to face (mirror) I still see a chubby person....I don't get it :(

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Because it's such a gradual process, it's extremely difficult to look at yourself and see the difference because you've watched the transformation. Just know the changes are there after all of your hard work! You are an improved healthier you :D
  • Jaymefirst
    Jaymefirst Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Go to your closest and find a pair of pants from the beginning of journey, try them on and then look at yourself in the mirror. This always helps me put things into perspective.
  • rosepicasso
    Options
    I have the same thing but opposite. Body Dismorphea. I don't really think I'm that fat but when I see myself in picturse it's like WTH?!:sad: :sad:
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    For me, it's because I don't look at the whole person. I look at my flaws...the bags under my eyes. My new wrinkles. The parts of me that will never be perfect...the saddle bags, cellulite, etc.

I seriously need to work on that!
  • filmfanatic29
    Options
    I don't see weight loss in the mirror. Honestly, now that I'm becoming more self conscious about how I look, I now notice my flaws more :( BUT I've had other people tell me that they see the weight loss so I guess I'm doing okay

10856548.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods