HCG - Feds crack down on homeopathic weight loss remedy

Options
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_FDA_WEIGHT_LOSS_REMEDY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-12-06-10-50-05

Never even thought of trying it but i bet there will be a lot of disappointed people out there. Now it's going to increase in price and be sold by shady dealers, like every other illegal drug.

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Homeopathy = utter nonsense. People should know that.
  • Duppt
    Duppt Posts: 3
    Options
    Required Viewing for everyone - James Randi explains Homeopathy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWE1tH93G9U
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KCarpenter83
    KCarpenter83 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i have several friends that did this and they did lose weight (who wouldn't on 500 calories a day) but they would get so mad at me when i would try to tell them the HCG part was a bunch of crap! Really this was just for ppl that wanted drastic lasting results without exercising or eating healthy food. Not possible.
  • lisalamb62
    Options
    HCG is not homeopathic medicine...far from it. True homeopathy does work!
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Homeopathy = utter nonsense. People should know that.

HCG isn't homeopathy. It was just marketed that way because it would be illegal to sell HCG directly. Fortunately they're cracking down on this.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Required Viewing for everyone - James Randi explains Homeopathy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWE1tH93G9U

BIG fan of James Randi. I'm a member of the James Randi Educational Forum. Which is how I know this:
    HCG is not homeopathic medicine...far from it. True homeopathy does work!
    isn't true.
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    It always amazes me how angry people can become when you try to educate them about a scam they've fallen for :-(
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    It's prove that if you do believe in something, you will make it happen. Diet is the will of power,mind game
    Since they think HCG works so they stick to the diet and lose weight.
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    If people want to starve on a 500 calorie diet, they still have the right to do it.

The only difference is,after the FDA ruling, the snake oil salesmen that make $$$$$ trying to convince people their scam HCG products makes it safe to eat so little food will no longer be allowed to profit from this fraud.
  • Lainn
    Lainn Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    i have several friends that did this and they did lose weight (who wouldn't on 500 calories a day) but they would get so mad at me when i would try to tell them the HCG part was a bunch of crap! Really this was just for ppl that wanted drastic lasting results without exercising or eating healthy food. Not possible.

You nailed it on the head when you said they would get mad at you. Not only is HCG a hoax and not a real weight loss solution, but it actually messes with your hormones and most people on it tend to have fluctuating emotions which range from depression to sudden rages. I have know several people who use it to lose weight and 3 of them are on the verge of divorce due to the emotional roller coaster. I mean has anyone ever seen a pregnant woman in a emotional rampage? I know I was an emotional wreck when preggo. And seeing that HCG is the "pregnancy" hormone...what did you expect?

Weight loss should be a life style used through nutrition, exercise, and self control. Not through half pot schemes that mess up your body and your life.