I'm new and looking for friends and support

Options
I have just started dieting due to my doctor opening my eyes the the heart risks and other health risk due to being overweight. I have decided I have had enough of being this way and hoping it will cut down on the risk and take me off most of the meds. that I am on. I am just looking for friends to vent on when I'm down and to pick me up when I don't think I can do it anymore. Hope to hear from someone.....Take care and good luck to all.....:smile:

Replies

• jschm947
    jschm947 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm on here frequently and would be willing to support if you'll return the favor friend request me :)
  • mmoyer1978
    mmoyer1978 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Since I have been on this site, I've gotten lots of support, advice and I've lost enough weight that my doctor took me off my blood pressure meds a few months ago. You're going to do great!
  • aprilperry01
    aprilperry01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there i am doing the same but trying to keep my diabetes under control too.:happy: i will be there for you if you help me
    April
  • alliesmom07
    alliesmom07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom with a 4 year old little girl. I have been dieting off and on for a couple of months but recently started the 17 day diet and so far so good. I plan to stick with this diet and hopefully lose 65 pounds before May 1,2011. I am not big on exercising but I know it has to be done in order to lose weight. If you'd like to be weightloss buddies let me know. I look forward to hearing from you soon and good luck!
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    You are more then welcome to add me as a friend!!! I love motivation and support!
  • Amber_Kunkel
    Options
    Feel free to add me :bigsmile:
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    i am somewhat older than most of the responses here - but have same issues! If you want send me a friend request - I am all about support and encouragement
  • KWright76
    KWright76 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me I am on here everyday.
  • jalisa35
    Options
    Hey! feel free to add me as well.. I'm just starting out as well and would love to exchange encouragement and support!
  • lalahawley
    lalahawley Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Always looking for support buddies! You can add me! :flowerforyou:
  • bramzee
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to vent if you like

11428487.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • rhaya96
    rhaya96 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am open to accepting new friends if you want to add me. I am here everyday...almost all day. I don't mind the venting and sharing ideas.
  • Kahmmillion
    Options
    You can request me. I am not even sure how to do it. I am also new here. I've been doing it for 10 days and have already lost 7 lbs. :happy:
  • I would be happy to share support with you. Venting is healthy and we all need it sometimes. We can encourage each other.
  • amber_bamber09
    amber_bamber09 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new also. I have struggled with weight all my life but when I stepped on the scale and saw that my short 5'2" body weighed in over 200 pounds I knew it was time to change. My doctor also said that it will help with my RA. Here's to a new lifestyle and a new body (: I hope haha.
  • Najay
    Najay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have just started dieting due to my doctor opening my eyes the the heart risks and other health risk due to being overweight. I have decided I have had enough of being this way and hoping it will cut down on the risk and take me off most of the meds. that I am on. I am just looking for friends to vent on when I'm down and to pick me up when I don't think I can do it anymore. Hope to hear from someone.....Take care and good luck to all.....:smile:

You have came to the right place for positive support. You have already started your new journey to a lifestyle change by signing up to MFP. Remember it is the little things that count. :smile:

5469939.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Valerie3678
    Options
    Hi - I'm new as well. I just joined last month. I haven't actively looked for friends yet b/c I wanted to try the site out and make sure it's something I would stick with and so far it's great. I love it and have lost almost 10 lbs since I've started on this site. Now I'm ready to open up and look for friends and support as well so you can add me if you would like. Good luck! :smile:
  • Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for new friends!! If I can do this, so can you!!
  • Christi1979
    Christi1979 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This place is excellent for help losing weight. The people here are great for support and keeping you encouraged. Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You're off to a great start - MFP has been a perfect tool for me to finally change my lifestyle. Good luck to you in getting started and meeting your goals. Friends request on the way...