My (small) NSV

Options
2»

Replies

• loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have a new pile on my bedroom floor of trousers to get put away that are too big - it feels good

Don't PUT them away.............THROW them away.........you ain't gonna need them no more!

Great NSV!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Sue :smile: x

Not that brave yet - maybe soon :flowerforyou:
    Been there, I was so worried about putting the weight back on that I hung onto my too big clothes. Well, I put the weight back on (and then some) This time around as I shrink out of stuff I'm getting rid of it, it's too easy to ignore the pounds creeping back when you can easily find something to wear.
    Congrat's on your NSV! WTG!!
  • geri1955
    geri1955 Posts: 106
    Options
    congrats to you!! Its a wonderful feeling!!!! love it:drinker:
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    Fantastic!! Congrats!
  • ifeelsqueaky
    Options
    I wouldn't say that's a small NSV - it's an impressive achievement! You deserve that victory dance :smile:
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    That's an achievement LOL

So much nicer to be throwing out clothes that are too big than clothes that are too small - I sorted out my 'too big' stuff this week and took it to our local clothes recycling yard - 27kg of clothes, got a little bit of money back on them too!

This was the first time ever I've thrown out clothing that's too big - it's ALWAYS been the other way round, and it felt good, because it gave me an added incentive that I cannot go back into those clothes because they simply aren't there anymore!

Have fun going through your wardrobe again in a few weeks for the next round of 'too large' clothes!
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i would say that was a big NSV!

well done you have done great! such an inspiration!

i now fit into my 2 big pile :frown: just waiting for the day i slide into my to small pile without having to jump around like a wally :laugh:
  • mom2my5sons
    mom2my5sons Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have a new pile on my bedroom floor of trousers to get put away that are too big - it feels good

Don't PUT them away.............THROW them away.........you ain't gonna need them no more!

This! For sure.......give those clothes to the thrift store and don't look back. Good for you!!
  • serabee5
    Options

Not that brave yet - maybe soon :flowerforyou:

I have played on the weight loss roller-coaster for YEARS!!! This time I made the conscious decision to THROW AWAY anything I shrunk out of :) AS I SHRUNK OUT OF IT. I didn't even keep a pair of "fat jeans" for a future picture to hold up by my skinny self. I had always kept the big cloths "just in case" because I wasn't brave, but what it enabled me to do was to have a "fall back into" wardrobe for when I gained weight. It was like I didn't believe in myself and my ability to stay healthy. This time - as I gave clothes away - I stayed motivated - AND - when I started slipping back into old habits I realized VERY QUICKLY that if I didn't get back on track I was going to have to buy NEW clothes in those dreaded sizes again. Since I had NO DESIRE whatsoever to do that (much less be able to afford to do it) that became my motivating factor to push me through the week or two of stupidity!

So get rid of those clothes, believe in yourself and your ability to not only lose the weight, but to keep it off! You are very much worth it and capable of many more NSV in the future!! Way to go! Keep up the great work! :D
  • Clare_F
    Options
    fantastic achievement ! I bet you have been smiling all day :)
  • jfcarlson713
    jfcarlson713 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My husband has a box labeled "don't go there again". When I have clothes that have gotten too big they go in the box. His daughter comes out (about 50 lbs heavier than I am but definately on the right track) and goes through the box for clothes that will work for her. We BOTH get NSV!!!!!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    That is NOT a small NSV at all! It is a really important one! It shows you that you are doing the work, you are seeing results, and you might as well keep all of your "too small" clothes that you still like because you're gonna need them! Maybe not this week or next, but all in good time! Good for you! I used to have a closet full of "I wish I could wear these again" clothes that were too small. Funny thing, now they are all too big! Same dilemma - nothing to wear - except instead of the desired clothes being too small they are all now too big! Keep up the good work and you'll have the same happy problem! You'll be doing the happy dance night and day! = D
  • purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    That's not a small NSV to me, that's major. I'm so glad I'm watching you through this journey cause it's exciting for me when one of my friends gets excited. Well done hun, well pleased for ya.
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! PUT THEM IN A GOODWILL BAG NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN! CONRATS LOVE :)
  • hbart500
    hbart500 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    best feeling ever in my opinion!! :) awesome job!
  • Cassiopeia00
    Options
    Fantastic! And now you have room for all those new clothes you are going to buy for yourself for your new, healthier body! :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!