Difference between Male/Female Polar HRMs?

Options
hey everyone,

hoping someone could help me out here..

I want to pick up the Polar FT7 for my Christmas.. The techie in me loves the model, but the girl in me thinks some of the colours for women are kinda ugly. I like the red on black one.. but its for men.

Does it matter when measuring your heart rate? i think i heard the strap length is longer.

Replies

• ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    bump. That's the one I want too!!
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters. I have the FT7 for men. I think it's just about the size of the watch and the band. I haven't had any issues with it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,682 Member
    Options
    C'mon. It's the color. Not too many men would wear a pink one.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    They differ in wrist size, that's all.
  • taqefu
    taqefu Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi,

that's no problem, you can adjust the length of the strap.

I have the FT80 for men. It fits fine, although the watch looks huge on my wrist (but then again, my wrists are really tiny).
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 for men, the woman's watch was too small and I hated the colour. It makes no difference because when you program it it asks whether you are male of female. Anyway, the guy at the sports store I got it at also told me the monitor part is identical, just the watch used to display the data is different.Hope this helps:)
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Options
    oh sweet!
    Thanks SO much... *skips* i can buy the one i want now. yay

The girl in me is happy :flowerforyou: :love:
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I was wondering the same thing, I wanted the black/red one too! :-)
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    My polar ft7 came in red with grey, it is designed for female, although it did ask for my gender when I programed the settings. So maybe they all allow you to set it up, for gender specifations. It would matter, a menopasual obese woman is not going to be burning the same as a slightly overweight young man.