smoothie ideas ?

Options
Im really in the mood for a smoothie , does anyone know of any good recipies? xx i prefer more of a smoothie than a slushie- (with alot of ice) . Please share your fav smoothies !

Replies

• tinywithaBIGheart
    Options
    Im really in the mood for a smoothie , does anyone know of any good recipies? xx i prefer more of a smoothie than a slushie- (with alot of ice) . Please share your fav smoothies !
    If you guys know the calories in the smoothie, please let me know :)
  • nitnole711
    Options
    This is the best ever! And I'm not big on smoothies...

Makes 1 1/2 servings (ideal to split with someone)

Big handful spinach
    1/2 banana
    2 TBSP peanut butter
    scoop of vanilla whey protein
    3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
    3 handfuls of ice

Blend on high. You don't taste the spinach at all!

Approx: 411 calories, 25 g carbs, 21 g fat, 32 g protein (for entire shake, should share)!!
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I always used to drink smoothies I totally forgot about them! I have these frozen mix packet things by SOL BLISS they are 80 calories and i think there delicious.

I also just typed in smoothies for under 100 calories because that's how i usually want them but if your looking for higher calories just type that, I found this one it sounds good:

1/4 lb of strawberries, the juice and zest of 1/4 orange and 1/8 cup of plain low-fat yogurt. Place the strawberries, orange juice, zest and yogurt into a blender and mix until it is smooth. Serve in a tall glass for a total of about 55 calories. For a few extra calories, add a few banana slices to the top of the smoothie, suggests Reader's Digest.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/244212-100-calorie-breakfast-lunch-ideas/#ixzz1frfrUIIh
  • Jaymefirst
    Jaymefirst Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    save for later :)
  • nitnole711
    Options
    And this is obviously ideal for breakfast....
  • mdorman8313
    mdorman8313 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Peach smoothie

1 cup frozen peaches
    3/4 C Tropican 50 Orange juice OR Genesis Today Omega Orange Juice
    2 Tblspoons Greek Yogurt

(163 Calories--I used the Omega Orange Juice)

I put it in my Ninja Food Prep that I got at Wal-Mart for $40. Peaches first, then OJ. Blend. Add yogurt and splenda, blend until smooth.

Another variation if you want more protein: CURRENTLY MY FAVORITE

1 C frozen peaches
    1/2-3/4 C Tropican 50 Orange juice OR Genesis Today Omega Orange Juice
    1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder

(228 Calories)

If I'm short of veggies for the day, I'll throw in some raw spinach (about a 1/2-3/4 cup). I've done that more when I've used frozen strawberries in place of the peaches.
  • OokiiHeart
    OokiiHeart Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Glad you asked, and I look forward to the replies. I love smoothies.
  • jenfactor
    Options
    If you use frozen bananas (peel and slice before you freeze), you can get away without using ice and it makes it insanely creamy. I just had a plain greek yogurt and frozen banana smoothie for breakfast and it was delicious!
  • nettleboo
    nettleboo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    hello today i had oat and prune smoothie 50gs of porridge oats 200ml of milk dairy or non and 35gs of prunes was a new one for me to try i loved it, i normally use oat and banana and add what ever i fancy yesterday was raspberry and blueberries plus some active honey that was lovely tomorrow im gonna have a crack at green smoothies.
  • geminijayde
    geminijayde Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    1 cup any frozen fruit
    1 6 oz greek yogurt, any flavor
    Either 1/2 skim milk or one snack cup mandarin oranges in light syrup

Blend together & viola--delicious!!! The oranges make for a sweeter treat. Add protein powder for a thicker shake-like consistancy. Enjoy!!!
  • gorgeouss9
    Options

I'm a bit of a naturalist, so this is how I make my smoothies:

(1) apple, any kind - if its on the small side, put in two, chopped, cored, with skin
    (1) cup plain nonfat yogurt
    (1) pear, any kind - if its on the small side, put in two, chopped, cored, with skin
    (3/4) cup fresh pomegranate seeds: i squeeze the juice from the pit (white tiny dot in middle removed) {you can substitute this for any other fruit, i use one large grapefruit, or sometime fruit juice}
    (1/4) cup skim milk
    (1) tiny squeeze of lemon juice (so that the fruit doesnt go brown easily)

Blend until completely mixed... enjoy!

This makes about two large glasses - i normally share :)

It comes out about 180 calories a glass.