frustrated

Options
i have been back on my diet for a week now and if anything i have gained weight........i used this site to lose twenty pounds and i really don't want to gain it back...help?

Replies

• melinda6569
    Options
    don't get frustrated. Things take time. time for your body to adjust. are you exercising / lifting weights or just dieting? what are your calories? do you eat a lot of sugar? drink enough water? you have to calculate what works best for your body. need more than a week. :smile:
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as a diet. Make it a lifestyle change. Have the weight come off slowly and stay off by eating the right things most of the time. Use MFP to "lose" and then maintain. Depending on how much you have to lose, 1/2 lb to pound a week with exercise should give you long term success.

The key is to eat healthy. Lots of veggies, balanced meals (watch the microwave meals -- high in sodium).

Get regular with your tracking again :)
  • kellicarter11
    kellicarter11 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I maintained the 20lbs for four months on my own with only a few incidents like I would weigh between 126 and 127...now I am weighing 128-129 I don't feel good about myself when the scale is higher than 126 so I know I have to do something.....between work and school I unfortunately don't have time to exercise...
    I think the big problem is when I am home with my parents I emotionally eat....hence over thanksgiving break, with christmas break coming up I cannot put on anymore weight.....I will emotionally break down
    Also I don't eat to unhealthy, but I only have a microwave to cook with...I usually eat a turkey sandwich a day, maybe a frozen meal, sometimes some chips and fruit...I also have been trying to eat more veggies