I *adore* my new Polar F6

Options
I was really lacking in motivation to go to the gym today until my HRM arrived from amazon.com. I programed all my info and it was very liberating to not have to stop and check my HR. I had a HRM that is a watch and i had to press the two sensors to get a reading. I found out today that I am actually spending more time at 80-85% of my max HR than i thought. It's still too early to tell if it will be worth it in the long run, but so far i think it's neat. I got no inteference from other machines and i was able to just take a quick peek at my wrist to see my HR and cals burned. :happy:

Replies

• Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    I was really lacking in motivation to go to the gym today until my HRM arrived from amazon.com. I programed all my info and it was very liberating to not have to stop and check my HR. I had a HRM that is a watch and i had to press the two sensors to get a reading. I found out today that I am actually spending more time at 80-85% of my max HR than i thought. It's still too early to tell if it will be worth it in the long run, but so far i think it's neat. I got no inteference from other machines and i was able to just take a quick peek at my wrist to see my HR and cals burned. :happy:
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for a year and really love it. :smile:
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    have you ever had any problems with yours?
  • lyla29
    Options
    I only had a problem one time and it was because I forgot to get the sensors wet before I started working out. As long as the chest strap is tight and the sensors are wet, it works great. I love to see the % max HR, the % fat burned, and that you can see your exercise times and calories burned for the week.
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    I LOVE MINE !!!!!

the only question I had and probably still do is the sensors. they are talking about the chest strap right and it's the little circles on each end or the middle part on the back side ? I believe the instructions say indents to be moist, but mine in the middle has like an oval longer bumpy type place and that is all i could find that would be like an indent ?

am I doing that right :)
  • lyla29
    Options
    the sensors are on the chest strap, on each side in the front. In the middle on the front, mine says Polar (on the front), and the sensors are on each side of this, so they sit just about right under each breast. Hope that helps.:smile:
  • twistedmonkey22
    Options
    Awesome!! I actually JUST picked mine up outta the mailbox. I'm excited to try it out!!
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I actually JUST picked mine up outta the mailbox. I'm excited to try it out!!

I love mine. I can't imagine not having one now. It's SO motivating! I agree though, you gotta make sure those sensors are wet. My heart rate reads "0" otherwise! :laugh:
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options

I love mine. I can't imagine not having one now. It's SO motivating! I agree though, you gotta make sure those sensors are wet. My heart rate reads "0" otherwise! :laugh: