Why Wait?????

Options
I have been in a huge funk lately...I can blame my job ..... but I just got moved to a better one so nope can't use that excuse....I can blame the fact my oldest daughter has joined the army but she gets to come home in 14 days for a visit so nope I can't use that one either....I can't quite place my finger on it but something is outta whack......
Oh hey maybe it's the fact that I have not exercised regularly in 4 months.....I been sliding by with an occasional run here and a quick elliptical session there..but none and I mean zero strength traiining. I had a tummy tuck in aug and was sooo frustrated when I wasn't allowed to work out but now that I have the a-ok I can't find the mojo to do it.
I decided Jan 1 I will hit it hard ...I will hit it sooooo hard it won't know where it is... :)
then I thought why wait????
What does Jan 1 have that Dec 7th doesn't?????? Anybody?????

Replies

• RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Nothing...it's just another day on the calendar.
  • lfinley2010
    lfinley2010 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    just do it start off small and increase it
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Go for it. You'll be weeks ahead of the game if you just get started right NOW! Welcome to MFP!
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I overheard my boss talking a couple of days ago, saying how after the new year he was going to lose weight. He's been saying this all year. I just wanted to ask him, "why wait?? So you can give yourself permission to stuff your big face for the next 3 weeks?" Today is as good a day as any.
  • evansfarber
    evansfarber Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You just gave me the push I needed to take a walk during my lunch...Thanks!
  • jellyfishbones
    jellyfishbones Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    January 1 doesn't have anything that December 7 doesn't, unless it's a lack of Christmas music on the radio and the opportunity to file your taxes for 2011. Make up your mind to get back on track and stop the slide, you're right that there's no point in waiting. You've already come this far, you can do it!
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    Go for it. You'll be weeks ahead of the game if you just get started right NOW! Welcome to MFP!

Yep this.!!!! :smile:
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    Your excessive use of question marks is slowing you down. :P J/K

Seriously, for me it just takes that first step then you'll get back into it. Good luck!
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    I overheard my boss talking a couple of days ago, saying how after the new year he was going to lose weight. He's been saying this all year. I just wanted to ask him, "why wait?? So you can give yourself permission to stuff your big face for the next 3 weeks?" Today is as good a day as any.

Word!
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Putting it off until a different date never works because you'll be able to put it off again when you reach that date. I've been doing that since July and then came down with 3 months of pneumonia, so I definitely needed to jump back on the bandwagon once I was take off rest by my doctor. I started on a random day at the end of November. I figure I'll be way ahead of everyone starting January 1st, and also won't be thinking of mine as a "resolution," so it will be easier to stick with. You can do it!
  • Aprilly1
    Options
    I just joined. You just joined in June and have lost 72 pounds?
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    Me? No, I started my weightloss journey 10-13-10. I found MFP in June. :bigsmile:
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Me? No, I started my weightloss journey 10-13-10. I found MFP in June. :bigsmile:

How dis yoiu get it to show weight lost before you joined MFP...I started my journey in May and had lost 26 pounds before joining MFP six days ago. I've lost 28 pound, but my ticker says 2! It would be motivating for me to see all 28!
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    oh, YEA ME!!! I figured it out!!!!
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    oh, YEA ME!!! I figured it out!!!!

Cheers! :drinker: