Committment

Options
I started on Monday and I've been doing fairly well all week. But that is because I come to work each day and have my computer in front of me at all times. I can keep track and plan my meals and snacks....it's easy. However, I'm headed into my first weekend!!! We have a bbq planned tonight and friends coming over for dinner and drinks Saturday....I'm just a little nervous. So I thought I would put it out to you - my support group - that I'm committed to stay on track over the weekend.

I usually weigh low on Friday and then gain it all back on the weekend, so I decided not to post my weight until monday. I'm planning on good news!!!

THANKS!!!

Replies

• janetmoz
    janetmoz Posts: 9
    Options
    I started on Monday and I've been doing fairly well all week. But that is because I come to work each day and have my computer in front of me at all times. I can keep track and plan my meals and snacks....it's easy. However, I'm headed into my first weekend!!! We have a bbq planned tonight and friends coming over for dinner and drinks Saturday....I'm just a little nervous. So I thought I would put it out to you - my support group - that I'm committed to stay on track over the weekend.

I usually weigh low on Friday and then gain it all back on the weekend, so I decided not to post my weight until monday. I'm planning on good news!!!

THANKS!!!
  • fatstrat
    fatstrat Posts: 216
    Options
    Good luck! :smile:
  • pattitricia85
    pattitricia85 Posts: 376
    Options
    good luck! bbq's and social things are hard! Just plan now what you are going to eat at the BBQ, and what you are going to drink. Bring veggie burgers or chicken breast. Cut up some raw veggies to snack on while everyone else has chips! If you are a liquor drinker i like vodka w/ diet tonic or club soda. if thats too strong i like to have diet sierra mist or diet coke too! Good luck on your will power this weekend, I will be right there w/ ya!
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your barbeque, but think PORTION SIZE! It helps immensely to log your food before you eat it, too. That way there are no surprises later.
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    You can do it! You can stay on plan for the week-end! Plan it all out ahead of time and know what you can eat and drink. No surprises means you stay on your target! What a loving way to treat yourself !!!! :heart:
  • janetmoz
    janetmoz Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for all your support!! I made it though most of the weekend! Friday night was not bad at all. Sat was more difficult. I planned out everything. One thing I find is that I am more aware of how many calories my food is costing me. Knowing ahead of time gives me the option to to trade out foods.

I did go over calories, but nothing like I would have done with out this side and planning ahead. So I still feel like it was a success!!

Thank you!!!