Back for more.

PepeGreggerton
PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
Used this site in 2010 to lose about 70lbs. However I went through a really rough time in my life and stopped working out and watching what I ate in April of this year so instead of loosing the remaining 45lbs I wanted to, I gained 20 of it back. That to me really isn't even the most disappointing part for me, 20lbs is relativity easy to lose. It's all the progress I've lost in the gym... I signed up for a membership and I am on my second week but I feels like I have never lifted weights in my life. I had made so much progress and it feels like I am starting over. I'm not letting it discourage me though, makes me want to get back at it even more.

Anyway, I could use some new friends and some encouragement if anyone wants to add me.

Thanks - Greg :happy:

Replies

• Hi Greg,

I know how you feel, after an accident I packed on 30lbs and have managed to get the weight off, but not the muscle tone back! This is my latest struggle. I have been back at the gym for about 13 weeks now and am starting to notice a difference .. but not where I want to see it (of course) ... yet!

I signed up with a trainer for a few sessions to make sure I wouldn't re-injure myself and found that helped with not only my motivation to keep going once I realized how much I had lost, but to make sure my muscle-memory was bouncing!

Good luck & keep us posted! I can say it feels great to be back at it --> stay positive!

Susan
  • aablacknell
    aablacknell Posts: 856 Member
    Hello Greg. I have been back to the site on several occassions. I think it is great that you came back to the site when you felt you needed support. I was involved in a car accident this Summer and damaged my knee. I did not stop working out as the doctor recommended which make my recorvery time longer. Saying all that to say I gained back a few of my lbs.

Good luck on this journey. It is a lifetime change:flowerforyou:.
This discussion has been closed.