Looking for friends following low carb diet

Options
Hi I just started following a lower carb diet and would like to add some more friends that are eating low carb too! Thanks

Replies

• Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like...
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I limit carbs to 50% or so - protein around 30% and fat 20%

Any lower than that and I feel bad - sluggish and without energy. My goals are more fat loss than major weight having already lost the 62 lbs on a low cal, regular diet: 15% Protein, 30% fat and 55% carb which sure beats the diet that fattened me up - 80% carb: breads, pastas and sugar galore.

I don't know how I survived that!
  • markwhiteII
    Options
    I am sure you are getting negative feedback on the Low-Carb Diet. I just want to let you know Adkins worked tremendouly for me. I made it to 252 lbs when it first came on the market that was down from 300lb. The quickness that it came off was astonishing. I felt great for a bit and got into a size 38 pant. I could not keep up with the lifestyle and i put double what I lost on in less than a month.

This is a very restrictive diet and I wish you success, but get blood tests to watch your chlesterol. It is also important to have an exit plan. You will hit a wall at one point in this diet and that is because the body will figure out what you are doing to trick it into burning the fat. Once you hit this level the weigtloss stops. You got to have a plan to fight off the extreme weight gain after the low-carb diet.

Good luck!
  • 1511millbrook
    1511millbrook Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi,
    I wanted to give you positive feedback on the low carb diet. I have worded on losing weight slowly using this diet. I lose 10-15 ls. Then I stabilize my weight . Meaning I keep it off for six months then I lose another 10-15 lbs. This way my body gets used to losing the weight and I don't put it back on. I'm down 45 lbs and have kept it off. I have 15 more to go. Now I am really working on toning and developing muscle. I don't want to look skinny, but I want to look slender, fit and athletic. Good Luck to you
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I monitor my carbs and sugar more than anything else. I do not completely cut them out, I just stay away from the bad carbs ( on most days! haha) I like to stay under 100 carbs a day and within the sugar amount mfp tells me to. Add me if you like, I may not be a low carber but I am a carb watcher!
    :laugh:
  • angelapolite
    Options
    Add me! I'm doing low carb as well, there's also a Low Carb group.
  • angelapolite
    Options
    I am sure you are getting negative feedback on the Low-Carb Diet. I just want to let you know Adkins worked tremendouly for me. I made it to 252 lbs when it first came on the market that was down from 300lb. The quickness that it came off was astonishing. I felt great for a bit and got into a size 38 pant. I could not keep up with the lifestyle and i put double what I lost on in less than a month.

This is a very restrictive diet and I wish you success, but get blood tests to watch your chlesterol. It is also important to have an exit plan. You will hit a wall at one point in this diet and that is because the body will figure out what you are doing to trick it into burning the fat. Once you hit this level the weigtloss stops. You got to have a plan to fight off the extreme weight gain after the low-carb diet.

Good luck!

I agree, you have to prepare for AFTER you lose weight. If you follow the Pre- Maintenance and Maintenance, find your CLL (Carbohydrate Level for Losing) and ACE ( Atkins Carbohydrate Equilibrium ), you will maintain successfully.
  • ImNotStarving
    Options
    You can add me as well :)
  • ashleet1028
    ashleet1028 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ive done low carb for a year and lost 40 pounds in about 6 months. I have since started to add good carbs back but still keep my daily carb intake under 100. You can add me also. ; )
  • angelapolite
    Options
    Ive done low carb for a year and lost 40 pounds in about 6 months. I have since started to add good carbs back but still keep my daily carb intake under 100. You can add me also. ; )

I'm looking to lose 40 pounds, 6 months sounds in line with my goals, which is a great thing! I've lost 14 so far!
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well :)

are you doing low carb?
  • ashleet1028
    ashleet1028 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thats great. Keep up the good work.
  • Beths8705
    Options
    Hi everyone I have been doing low carb for quite awhile I lost 80lbs a few years ago then I jsut started back up in aug and have lost 45lbs ... Please joing my low carb support group on Facebook :)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/weightohealth/331403536876893/#!/groups/299885123379827/
  • blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    On the advice of my nutritionist I work to keep my carbs between 60-80 per day. You may friend me if you wish.
  • tarnishedviolet
    tarnishedviolet Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm Joining MFP and leaving CalorieCount :D. I currently follow a lower carb diet, and have lost about 40 lbs this year. After the new year i'm going to try Keto and see how I do!
  • angelapolite
    Options
    You can add me! I'm Joining MFP and leaving CalorieCount :D. I currently follow a lower carb diet, and have lost about 40 lbs this year. After the new year i'm going to try Keto and see how I do!

I use the Keto sticks daily, to make sure I'm buring fat at all times!
  • BonMetz
    BonMetz Posts: 102
    Options
    Thanks everyone I appreciate it. I am not doing Atkins but have cut down my carbs to between 60 to 80 and am hoping that is enough to kick start my weight loss....my carbs are coming from fruit and veg.
  • zumbawhit
    zumbawhit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Check out the Atkins support group! Even if you're not doing actual "Atkins" you can get some great recipe ideas and support there!
  • KacieHetrick
    KacieHetrick Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! I'm following a 100 g of carb daily diet and I've lost 26 lbs in a month, I also do Zumba 4 x's a week for an hour.
  • laroycer
    laroycer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can ad me as a friend. I am doing low carbs also.