arms

Options
Hi folks,
So I'm doing well on my weightloss goal but I'm unhappy with the lack of loss of my super flabby arms. If I add light weights to my daily routine of cardio will it help with my arm flab? I don't have money or time to join a gym So any strength training I may add will have to be an at home thing. Any opinions to help?
Thanks
Kimmy

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    No, you can't chose a spot to lose fat from, you just need to continue to lose fat, your body chooses where it comes from.

That said, resistance training is a great idea for other reasons.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    nary an opinion?
  • cppeace
    Options
    lol ah got one just as I complained
  • brvanover
    Options
    As the other person said, you can't spot reduce. But doing strength exercises that target your arms is a good idea. Planks, pushups, tricep dips--all things you can do at home with no equipment!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I have seen a noticeable difference in my arms since incorporating 3 pound weights into my daily aerobic exercise. I use Leslie Sansone Walk at home DVDs and now Jillian Michaels 30 day shred... they both incorporate weights to help the arms... and these are definitely helping!
  • betzeross
    betzeross Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have seen a noticeable difference in my arms since incorporating 3 pound weights into my daily aerobic exercise. I use Leslie Sansone Walk at home DVDs and now Jillian Michaels 30 day shred... they both incorporate weights to help the arms... and these are definitely helping!

^^^^^^^^^^^^ exactly what she said. I've seen improvement since using weights at home with these programs. Best wishes!
  • FluffyCanadianGirl
    Options

^^^^^^^^^^^^ exactly what she said. I've seen improvement since using weights at home with these programs. Best wishes!

I use both of those DVDs as well, and my arms definitely feel it afterwards! As you start to get rid of the body fat, your arms will eventually catch up.
  • cppeace
    Options
    Thanks all :)
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options

Try incorporating a weighted vest into your workouts. It helps too. I've used mine with one of my Leslie Sansone's workout. I used it with Tae Bo too.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Hi folks,
    So I'm doing well on my weightloss goal but I'm unhappy with the lack of loss of my super flabby arms. If I add light weights to my daily routine of cardio will it help with my arm flab? I don't have money or time to join a gym So any strength training I may add will have to be an at home thing. Any opinions to help?
    Thanks
    Kimmy

Try incorporating Tae Bo Ripped Extreme to your workouts. You can use 3 pound weights. I use 3 pound weights with this cardio sculpt workout. You can view the workout at Collagevideo.com or Youtube.
  • madameduffay
    madameduffay Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    A hot topic of discussion on the boards seems to be women lifting heavier weights (which by the way I used to think I did until I saw that amounts some ladies were lifting - impressive).

When I started lifting "my" heavy weights, I noticed a dramatic change in my arms. I lift heavier with fewer reps. In a couple of weeks I noticed a significant change. I'm not all the way there yet, but I can see the outline of tiny muscle lines where once there were none.

md
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Hi folks,
    Thanks
    Kimmy

You need to reduce your bodyfat%.

1. Make sure you know your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expedenture).
    2. Eat a calorie deficit under that TDEE number of between 500-1000 calories or roughly 20%.
    3. Eat .5 to 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass.
    4. Eat .35 to .75g of dietary fat per lb of bodyweight.
    5. Eat 4-7 servings of veggies, 2-4 servings of fruits.
    6. Get 6-8 hours of sleep a night.
    7. Drink enough water and/or fluids to release water retention.
    8. Incorporate a strength training program. If you are unable to join a gym, go to Sports Authority and invest in a bench with weights. They aren't that expensive. You can even get a bench with a dumbell set on Craigstlist for maybe $100.

9. Lift heavy with weights to preserve the lean body mass you have. - http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/reps-per-set-for-optimal-growth.html
    10. Live the dream.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Lift weights, reduce body fat is what you need to reduce flabby arms.

It's best to join a gym, but if you can't you really need to get some heavier dumbbells.