Vitamins

Options
I am still trying to find the right combination of things that work for me and was wondering what kind of vitamins are others taking and what benefits do you see from them? Are there any that have helped you feel full longer or helped speed up weight loss? Just curious to find out others experiences.

Right now I am taking a woman's multi-vitamin, B-12, and two cranberry pills a day. Just wondering if there is something else that I could or should be taking.

Thanks for any and all input :happy:

Replies

• Wrappedinbacon
    Wrappedinbacon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I take B-12, iron, fiber, a probiotic, and a multivitamin daily
  • jedinight32
    Options
    GNC Women's multi, Calcium 600mg with Magnesium + Vitamin D3, Triple Strength Fish Oil, and an Acai berry supplement.
  • ant210
    ant210 Posts: 19
    Options
    Is there a place to add vitamins in the diary? I just started taking pre-natal vitamins(trying to get prego). I wasn't sure where to log that.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Is there a place to add vitamins in the diary? I just started taking pre-natal vitamins(trying to get prego). I wasn't sure where to log that.
    You can customize your meal names in the settings, so I named one of mine "Vitamins" and log them all there.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    talk to a pharmacist...i suspect they will have more knowledge. :flowerforyou:

for me: I take a B12, multi, garlic, and vitamin D.
  • kiwianjel
    kiwianjel Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I take a womens multi and a mineral supplement .. I am not the best vegetable eater although I do love fruit so the multi is to cover that and the mineral is because I am taking birth control and is kinda keeps moods even plus extra iron for energy :) Was taking a fish oil capsule as we don eat a lot of fish except canned tuna but the fish breath puts me off lol
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    lol i take gummy Flintstones complete. Seriously. :bigsmile:
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

Where ever you want. I put mine in breakfast.
  • LilMizDetermined
    LilMizDetermined Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I take a women's multivitamin, fiber, cranberry, biotin, probiotic, and calcium.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I added a supplements section to my food diary and list what I take there. Mine is targeted more for my age and arthritis, but feel free to look.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options

Where ever you want. I put mine in breakfast.
    I added a supplement section.
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I have a Vega diet, so I take a multivitamin/multimineral, B6, B12, Ovega-3 (Omega 3's from an algae source), Calcium, Magnesium, Iodine, and Vitamin D (4,000 IU's). After my long runs I take 5g of Glutamine. That's about it!
  • CRSE1214
    CRSE1214 Posts: 196 Member
    Options

You may want to take FOLIC ACID it was recommended by my OBGYN when I was trying to get pregnant.
  • mahidac
    mahidac Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    like the above poster said - def supplement folic acid
  • I take a multivitamin & a Biotin supplement to help my hair grow faster & healthier. Since starting the Biotin, I've suprisingly had alot more energy throughout the day! :-)
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I take a variety of vitamins, but mostly because my diet is so unbalanced.

Caffeine energizes me... protein and fiber (with plenty of water) make me feel full. Hard work (diet and exercise) speeds up my weight loss.

Hope this helps.
  • JPDad
    JPDad Posts: 147
    Options

You may want to take FOLIC ACID it was recommended by my OBGYN when I was trying to get pregnant.

I am pretty sure that pre-natal vitamins have Folic acid in them. Folic acid is the synthetic form of Folate which occurs naturally in food. Green vegetables are a great source of Folate. Since the bioavailability of Folic Acid (supplement form) is greater you need to consume more Folate to achieve the RDA. 1ug of food Folate = 0.6ug Folic Acid