Hula Hoopers!

Options
Hi, Anyone into hooping?

I've got no idea how many calories i burn doing it... The only similar exercise on the MFP calorie counter is wii-fit hula hooping and i'm sure i burn more doing the real thing?

Does anyone else log this themsleves? What do you put it down as? I use a standard sized dance hoop doing tricks and general waist hooping...

Thanks! :)

Replies

• lexik09
    lexik09 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I LOVE HOOPING!!!
    you burn roughly about 208 calories for hooping for 25 minutes. i have a 3lb. weighted hoop that really gets my heart pumpin! i love it so much i do it everyday!!!
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    If you can I suggest you get HRM-it will be best investment you will ever make; it's the only way to really tell how much you're trully burning, all the websites including MFP do "guess" work, so it's innacurate in most cases because everyone is different.
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Haha! I wish! Sounds like fun, but I am not coordinated enough for that!
  • 2012Kristin
    2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a set and the Hoopnotica DVDs about a week ago - I can't wait for them to arrive!! Was thinking about using my HRM to track, but haven't decided yet - might not work so well to have it on while hooping!
  • 2012Kristin
    2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a set and the Hoopnotica DVDs about a week ago - I can't wait for them to arrive!! Was thinking about using my HRM to track, but haven't decided yet - might not work so well to have it on while hooping!
  • slimnsexynside
    Options
    I thought I was the only one who used a weighted hula hoop! I love to hula to Belly Dance music. I found a belly dance cd at the Dollar store and it's great. I also like to hula hoop in front of the television. I haven't been exercising regularly like I should (lost my motivation), but I'm ready to get back to it. I'm going to grab my hula hoop and start working it out again!! :happy:
  • Trezzy
    Trezzy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I Hoop! I love to dance while Hooping or Hoop Dance I am burn about 100 calories per 10 minutes according to my HRM! I LOVE it!!!