Jack3d or Superpump 250?

Options
I was wondering if anyone has tried either of these supplements. If so, what were the effects? Which, in your opinion, was more effective or better? Thanks!!!

Meg

Replies

• djdelano
    Options
    Hi

I've taken both, you can read some interesting stuff here

http://weightliftingsupplementsreviews.com/best-pre-workout-supplement/best-pre-workout-supplement/

Lot of talk about the superpump 250 crash. I can't comment on that as I worked out late when I was taking it, so if anything I just slept harder. I did have a little bit of stomach irritation when I took a bit too much

Have a colleague at work that uses jack3d. Tried it, the minimal dose was not enough (my caffeine tolerance is too high) and the large dose gave my skin the bubblies (you'll read about it)

Some people really dig that prickly skin feeling it's another mental reassurance that the stuff is working. It didnt do anything extra special for me (used for it for about 2 weeks)

I got the same pump from both, I think I prefer the 250. Be careful though, take that crap late at night (like I did) and if something blocks your workout and you can't pump it out, youz gonna be awake awhile.

-D
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Jack3d is my favorite pre-workout supp. Superpump gives me terrible gut rot.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Jack3d is my favorite pre-workout supp. Superpump gives me terrible gut rot.

Not a fan of superdump :P

N.O. Explode 2.0 is my fav :]
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone has tried either of these supplements. If so, what were the effects? Which, in your opinion, was more effective or better? Thanks!!!

Meg

the new Superpump Max is quite good actually, Jack3d i'm not really a fan of. Craze is my current fav
  • Russellb97
    Options

Meg

the new Superpump Max is quite good actually, Jack3d i'm not really a fan of. Craze is my current fav

Who makes craze?
    Pre-workouts are among my favorite supplements because you know within 30 minutes if it's good or not :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Meg

Who makes craze?
    Pre-workouts are among my favorite supplements because you know within 30 minutes if it's good or not :)

Driven Sports. I've tried a bunch of pre wo's and it's by far my favorite. For non stimmed pres, Hemavol, Pump bol and Ultima are good ones
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Hmm maybe I am too quick to judge Acg. Bad experience with Superpump and cannot bring myself to try it again xD
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I stiII Iike NO Shotgun, but its pricey
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I've tried both and 100 more. While you can narrow down both positives and negatives, you're really only splitting hairs. To make a long story short and cut to the conclusion...It's better you avoid pre-workout supplements in general. They're all essentially all over priced, over-caffeinated, gimmicks. Sure you'll get a rush and a little pump for a week or two, but don't expect any incredible gains or anything.

My opinion? Still with the basics; Creatine, BCAA's, Animo Acids. Couple that would a squared away diet and you'll progress.

Lacking energy before the gym? Be sure to run a fine tooth comb over your pre-workout nutrition.
  • FordEXP
    Options
    I've used Jack3d and Cellucor C4 and both are amazing. I switched to C4 because I think my body was getting used to the Jack3d. Just don't take them if you work out in the evenings because your heart will be pounding when you try to go to sleep afterwards.
  • Russellb97
    Options
    I've tried both and 100 more. While you can narrow down both positives and negatives, you're really only splitting hairs. To make a long story short and cut to the conclusion...It's better you avoid pre-workout supplements in general. They're all essentially all over priced, over-caffeinated, gimmicks. Sure you'll get a rush and a little pump for a week or two, but don't expect any incredible gains or anything.

My opinion? Still with the basics; Creatine, BCAA's, Animo Acids. Couple that would a squared away diet and you'll progress.

Lacking energy before the gym? Be sure to run a fine tooth comb over your pre-workout nutrition.

Good points,

I've done very well with my BCAA powder, and 2 NoDoz.
  • Orvett
    Orvett Posts: 83
    Options
    I've been on N.O. xplode for a while and didn't have the same results with the 2.0. We saw a deal on muscle pharm assault and bought it. It's not too bad, doesn't keep me up late at night and I do like the tinglies. also N.O. xplode makes you xplode in the bathroom >.> kinda gross
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i never had anything from preworkout supplements, you might as well drink some coffee before your workout, just as effective and cheaper ;)
  • Orvett
    Orvett Posts: 83
    Options
    i never had anything from preworkout supplements, you might as well drink some coffee before your workout, just as effective and cheaper ;)

You also get BCAA's, creatine and other vital nutrients from PWO supplements. It's not all about energy.
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options

You also get BCAA's, creatine and other vital nutrients from PWO supplements. It's not all about energy.

Right, but in the sense that can get protein and vitamins from a chocolate bar.

You'll get some of those benefits in lesser quantities, lower quality, and combined in other trash they call a 'proprietary blend'.