The Flying Cupcake

Options
Today was my office holiday luncheon. I was very pleased that there were some healthy options on the preset menu, and I was able to keep my lunch right at 550 calories.

THEN....after lunch, my entire team walked down the block to The Flying Cupcake, a gourmet cupcake shop. They had everything - Wedding Cake Cupcakes, Red Velvet Cupcakes, Fluffernutter Cupcakes.....the list goes on and on and on and on. Everyone was buying at least one cupcake - most bought four (to take home for later). I admired the amazing display of cupcakes, and the adorable pink pastry boxes tied with strings that everyone was carrying, and then I walked out of the store. No cupcake. I was full from a very satisfying lunch, I remembered that I brought a banana for an afternoon snack later, and I decided I didn't need it.

It wasn't some deprivation-thing where I felt sorry for myself....it was just a decision I made about how to spend my calories (and my money) for the day. I feel very empowered right now!!!

Thanks for letting me share!

Replies

• gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    That's great! So very proud of you!! :flowerforyou:
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! great job!
  • TGomo
    TGomo Posts: 35
    Options
    Great work Dawn! Your mindset is truly changing - that will be key for long-term success. :smile:
  • rpphillip
    rpphillip Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    :glasses: That is so cool !
  • kissoffools
    Options
    Wow, well done!
  • carrieregina
    carrieregina Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Dawn, I am so, SO proud of you. Seriously. You rock ... Unless you bonked your head and have amnesia, which is causing you to turn down cupcakes. In which case, you should get that checked out ... in maybe 3-4 months!

:-) Nice job!
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    THIS IS SUCH A GREAT VICTORY!!!! YOUR HARD WORK IS SHOWING AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER FOR YOU!!!
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Nice job!!!!!!
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I know how tough that is. We had our monthly birthday breakfast today, and someone brought breakfast cheesecake...took more willpower than I thought I had to pass it up, but I did it!
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    That's great! I always find it hard to pass up dessert (especially if it's free), but I just try to tell myself I'm on a mission and brownies don't fuel that mission. =P
  • Vanessahogan03
    Vanessahogan03 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It feels great doesnt it. I have learned that it gets easier each time to say no to the horrible stuff for your body. Last night at my church function they had so many deserts. Someone brought in a few oranges. Normally I would stuff my mouth, which would explain my 8lb weight gain in one month. But I took the orange and felt proud.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Wow! I couldn't have done that! I would have caved and just worked out later.
  • CarrieJ85
    CarrieJ85 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The Flying Cupcake is my weakness! The Red Velvet Elvis and the Razzamatazz are my two favorites!! *drools*
  • indycello
    indycello Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thankfully they use cream cheese icing on their cupcakes which great reduces my temptation... not to mention the one time they were brought into the office the one I got wasn't done in the middle!!! Ever since I've been turned off by The Flying Cupcake!

But awesome!! :D keep up the great work!
  • StephanieRDMS
    StephanieRDMS Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That a girl!!! You're doing a WONDERFUL job!!!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Way to prioritize!!! Great job!!!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    That is, in my opinion, the GREATEST NSV EVER!
    Saying NO, when you could have said YES,
    but chose to say NO- because it was YOU in control

is a HUMONGOUS VICTORY!!!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Let me guess - Indianapolis?

I'm so proud. I cannot ever say no to that place. That red velvet cupcake gets me every time!
  • Let me guess - Indianapolis?

I'm so proud. I cannot ever say no to that place. That red velvet cupcake gets me every time!

Yep! Indianapolis, and YEP...that Red Velvet Cupcake is amazing!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!