Hungry girl website :)

Options
2»

Replies

• AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl used to be a favorite, but I didn't like that they use so many sugar substitutes and processed foods.

I'm going to take a look at the other sites posted here.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I had skimmed Hungry Girl not too long ago, but I was kind of turned off by how much premade food she used. I try to avoid processed food as much of possible. I much prefer raw, fresh ingredients. I also don't do sugar substitutes.

I have to agree, skinnytaste is probably the BEST diet website I've come across. I'm actually making her pork carnitas for dinner tonight, and I've yet to come across a recipe I didn't like.

If you're interested in buying a book, I also highly recommend the "Cook This, Not That" cookbooks. They're from the guys who did "Eat This, Not That" and they have some really great recipes. I think both books (there are two) run about $13, but they're worth it. I've made a lot of really good food out of there too.
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I had skimmed Hungry Girl not too long ago, but I was kind of turned off by how much premade food she used. I try to avoid processed food as much of possible. I much prefer raw, fresh ingredients. I also don't do sugar substitutes.

I have to agree, skinnytaste is probably the BEST diet website I've come across. I'm actually making her pork carnitas for dinner tonight, and I've yet to come across a recipe I didn't like.

If you're interested in buying a book, I also highly recommend the "Cook This, Not That" cookbooks. They're from the guys who did "Eat This, Not That" and they have some really great recipes. I think both books (there are two) run about $13, but they're worth it. I've made a lot of really good food out of there too.

ITA. I used to be an HG follower, but since I adopted a clean eating diet I just don't even agree anymore, but I can see how it helps people who are still eating that way and want to lose weight.
  • dwnlynn
    Options
    Bump!
  • GuillaineC
    GuillaineC Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I LOVE hungry girl!!!
  • GuillaineC
    GuillaineC Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has A LOT of great recipes I make. Like low cal ranch dressing (52 cals for 1/4 cup) and low fat chocolate chip cookies.

I use both Hungry Girl and Skinnytaste .. depends on what I'm looking for and the calorie count, I don't always like that HG uses low calorie substitutes with almost everything.

Thank you for skinnytaste.com! I love it, it's AMAZING!!!!
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah!! I signed up for her e'mails & have a TON of things I wanna try! HG ROCKS!!
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    Bump
  • Carolina_Skys
    Carolina_Skys Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • jessjayla
    Options
    bump
  • KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    hungry girl margaritas are nothing short of amazing and WAY better than Skinny Girl Margatias!

ok that I have to try then lol I tried the skinny taste ones the other day and was not impressed
  • timingsands
    Options
    Love it, but my number one fav is www.eatingwell.com :)

I LOVE Eating Well. Such great recipes...real, grown-up food using all sorts of ingredients. And they're not afraid of using chicken thighs.
  • bmacholiday
    bmacholiday Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I like HG, but I'm definitely going to check out skinnytaste.
  • Nattiejean57
    Nattiejean57 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm glad this topic was posted, because I have never heard of any of these before, but now I am really glad I know now. =)
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    The Asian Glazed Chicken on SkinnyTaste is amazing!!!! My husband and I both love it.
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Yea, I don't like how HG has so many artificial sweeteners and processed foods.

My go-to healthy receipe sites are:
    www.skinnytaste.com
    www.eatingwell.com
    www.eatbetteramerica.com

I found out about Skinny Taste on MFP and fell in LOOOOVE. I printed out so many recipes from that site, I probably killed a tree. =/
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I use yummly.com. You put in the type of recipe you are looking for and then narrow down the recipes by calories and/or nutrients, easy of making, time, types of ingredients, etc. It searches multiple recipe website.