Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My Journey So Far

Well I am new to this posting thing so bare with me here...lol.

I'm Joe. I have been struggling with weight my whole life and really never did anything to try and turn it around. I was always into a life of excess and partying in my teens and throughout my 20's. I became an avid drinker, smoker and big user of marijuana....never did I think these were in any way deterring me from becoming a healthy individual at the time...but in reality the smoking killed my cardiovascular and respiratory system....the drinking hurt me as far as a battle with kidney stones and liver inflammation...and the marijuana really slammed that nail in my coffin when it came to food consumption....I was at bottom....and my body knew that, but I kept on pressing forward as if I were okay....but I had to do something about that. So I started to quit all of my bad habits (which was a challenge in itself believe me) and get on the healthy track. * years later I am in the best shape I have EVER been in in my adult life. I feel so lighter and more energetic. My days are filled with happiness and enthusiasm and my wife seems to be very proud of what I have accomplished. (As I am for her) I know that my journey isn't complete yet, but I am well on my way to achieving a longer, healthier and happier life that I have always dreamed of. The best thing that has happened? I am wearing a size 38 pants....down from a size 52 at my heaviest...I mean I CAN SHOP OFF THE RACK! That in itself makes me smile from ear to ear.....so here is to all that may doubt themselves or their ability to press on through adversity....Don't give up...just remember NO ONE is perfect and should strive to be so....just take one day at a time and all the hard work and dedication you put into yourself WILL pay off in the end. Thanks for allowing me to rant...now...gotta go....Gotta get a workout in. :)

WeightProgress.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!