116 pounds really?

Options
I'm just amazed at the people on here that have lost a bunch of weight... I have tried so many times and I'm at the beginning of my journey. When I look at my 4 pounds and try to imagine it as 116 pounds, I can hardly believe it can happen... THEN,, I see all you wonderful amazing people who have lost 50 and 100 pounds and I just drool.... I want it... I WANT IT!
I want to look like a new person.
I want to buy cool clothes.
I want to build my confidence.
I want my family to be amazed...
I want for once in my life to stick with something and succeed.

Any of you "big losers" (LOL) feel this way when you just got started? How did you stick it out?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Just think where you will be in a year. Those people didn't do it overnight. Log on everyday even if you are bad. Don't let anything stand in your way. Educate yourself on healthy eating. Get a food scale. Cut of sugary drinks. Everytime you feel like quiting, log on and post it. We are all here to help.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I just took it one day at a time, and even if I messed up I didn't let it effect the next days progress. If I did well the day before it didn't effect today's progress either.

Good luck and if you need anything we are here for you
  • Lily_1
    Lily_1 Posts: 38
    Options
    If you can think it, see it, believe it you can do it. Mind over matter. Anything is possible. It's up to YOU to believe it. :)
  • mysti00
    Options
    I just think of it as.. I'm not doing it just to be skinny...but to be healthy. :)
  • purpleprose
    Options
    For me there was definite satisfaction in seeing my ticker move more and more to the right side of the screen...seeing the tickers of people who have lost more than me continues to inspire and motivate me! If they can do it, so can it!
  • mccrockl
    mccrockl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Haha, I used to hate it when the butt of my ladybug still hung over the left end. It seemed like it took so long to see him even visibly move.
  • 226Muriel
    226Muriel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You certainly CAN DO THIS!!!
    One Day at a Time....
    Sometimes it's One Minute at a Time...

We are with you....WATCH IT HAPPEN:flowerforyou:
  • CharityPearce
    Options
    I agree with all of the above. And might I add... it happens one food choice at a time. Best of luck!
  • ctriston
    ctriston Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    small goals, with me, it was out of Obese and the 200 lbs into ONEderland.. then it was out of the 190's.....now I am looking at losing 6 lbs so I can celebrate being in the 12 stone something.... range..... etc etc

Lost 28 lbs.....pretty happy with that, small steps...and if I feel I can;t live with out something, drink, choc etc...I hula hoop on the wii to earn the extra cals if needed...