Not seeing results

Options
I've been to the gym 9 days in a row and have been under my calorie goal 8 of those 9 days, and I still haven't lost a pound, not even an ounce! What's up with that?

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is non linear. 9 days isn't enough time to make any assessments. Give it another two weeks and see what happens. If you're still stuck at that point, examine the data.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! It could be that your body is retaining water - are you getting enough water to drink every day?

How about what you are eating, not just that you're under your goal - healthy or high in sodium and/or fat? Lots of fruits and veggies? Not eating late at night?

I found that simply not eating bread or pasta very often (not just cutting down on calories) seemed to help me. Even if I was under my calorie goal with bread or pasta, I wouldn't lose as fast.

Keep it up!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    Agree with sidesteal. Especially since you only give us a minimum amount of data, and you only have a few pounds to lose.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    When you start a new exercise routine your muscles retain water to repair themselves. Try giving yourself a rest day to let your body repair.

Again, can't tell you too much without more information.
  • DKelly1983
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice and info. It may be that I'm not drinking enough water and I could also eat more fruits and veggies. Thanks again!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    It could take as many as NINETY days to see results, depending on all of the potential variables associated with weight loss.... I'd wait at least that long to start worrying, at bare minimum. Good luck!