Short girls out there?

Options
anphi14
anphi14 Posts: 57 Member
Having trouble losing weight. I'm only 5'1'' but I fluctuate between 130-135 no matter what. I've even started doing Ripped in 30.
I just don't even know if it's worth doing because I never seem to get below 130 (120 is my goal)
I do MFP, work out, etc. why is it so hard!!!

Edit; I've also done pilates, and the 30DS

Replies

• tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    See this recent post. There are comments here from many pint sized posters,. with their tips, and workout plans, which may help you out.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/414900-5-0-tall-weight-loss-goals-and-starting-points
  • GouletB
    GouletB Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and as of today 117.6lbs. I log my food everyday! Also the most my body has changed and weight loss was with long distance (long for me 6-7miles) running 2-3 times a week. I am the smallest I've ever been and in the best shape of my life. :) oh and if you get all your water in and eat more raw it makes a huge difference. Hope all that helped.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and weigh 111. BF% probably somewhere around 18%? IDK, I haven't checked in a while. Anyway, I eat paleo/ primal, lift heavy and run long. I've lost about 30 pounds +/-.

My guess, if you aren't losing any weight is that you aren't eating enough and you aren't lifting enough weight. Eating being the more important thing.

Of course it's worth it. You just need to find your weight loss "sweet spot" if you know what I mean. It takes a little time. The great thing about being short is that a small loss shows big. It's like a double reward for your work! Stick with it, and try to focus on the health and fitness part of what you are doing. Remember weight loss is a BYPRODUCT of getting healthy.
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm also guessing you need to eat more if you're having trouble losing. I'm 5'3" and hit 2 plateaus...the first around 140lbs and the second around 133 lbs, both of which I surpassed by eating more calories as I was doing a lot of strength training and gained a lot of muscle. Can't see your diary, but I would suggest trying to eat more...may seem scary, but it really does work!!
  • raylenel
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I just joined this site. I'm wondering if you can offer some tips for what you eat in an average day - especially items that fill you up! Also wondering how often people are working out to see a difference. Thanks!!
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and started MFP at 120 lbs. So far I've lost 4 lbs...my goal weight is 110. I've been doing tae bo 3-4x a week and trying to stick to 1200 cals (w/o exercise cals of course)
  • pinguina8
    pinguina8 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and pretty new to the site. I hit plateaus all the time and then I get discouraged and gain weight. Right now I try to do at least 30 minutes of cardio 5 times a week and some kind of strength training 3 times a week. My daily calories hover between 1200-1400. My weight stays constant and then will drop 3 or 4 pounds and then stay the same and then I'll gain it back. Bah!
    Good luck!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!