New here in Colorado, Mom of 5 kids

Options
I live in Colorado with my husband and our 5 kids. 3 boys and 2 girls ages 8,7,6,4 and 2. Yes very busy but I have a bad thyroid. I am 5'10" and I have lost 30 lbs since March after I had a laparascopy. I really want to keep going down. On May 7th, I have to have a hysterectomy and reconstructive surgery so I am a little worried. I want to keep down my good path. I weigh 218 now and I am sick of being called obese. I want to get back to 160ish. I know for 6 weeks I have to be careful but I am very determined. I like watching the biggest loser. We have a Wii and I use Wii Fit, Cardio Workout [very fun and good workout ] and Jillian Michaels Ultimatum [ also very good ]. The only one I don't like much is the wii fit because when you gain 1 lbs or more it asks why and all the reasons they give you are eating too much too late etc. I hope to get to know some people

Replies

• mellula
    mellula Posts: 4
    Options
    I live in Colorado with my husband and our 5 kids. 3 boys and 2 girls ages 8,7,6,4 and 2. Yes very busy but I have a bad thyroid. I am 5'10" and I have lost 30 lbs since March after I had a laparascopy. I really want to keep going down. On May 7th, I have to have a hysterectomy and reconstructive surgery so I am a little worried. I want to keep down my good path. I weigh 218 now and I am sick of being called obese. I want to get back to 160ish. I know for 6 weeks I have to be careful but I am very determined. I like watching the biggest loser. We have a Wii and I use Wii Fit, Cardio Workout [very fun and good workout ] and Jillian Michaels Ultimatum [ also very good ]. The only one I don't like much is the wii fit because when you gain 1 lbs or more it asks why and all the reasons they give you are eating too much too late etc. I hope to get to know some people
  • larthur
    larthur Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are doing awesome! I also have 5 kids, a lot of work huh, but I love it. About 6 years ago I had surgery very similar to what you are going to have, it did take a good month before I felt ok and about 4 or 5 before my energy level was back to normal. You make be faster or take longer but the most important thing is to listen to your body. When you are tired, rest. If you bonk on a workout, you are doing to much.

I've been impressed with this website, it's the first time i've really been able to accuratly track my caleries, fat, and protein. I've only been on a week so i'm pretty new too :)

Good Luck!
  • TANKENEY32
    TANKENEY32 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    WOW!! MOMMIES OF 5 UNITE! LOL.. I also have five children, one being special needs in a wheelchair. so, i hardly have any time for anything.. I have lost 8 lbs since april 16th.. Its gonna b a long road but i am willing to do whatever it takes.. Welcome and take care of yourself... Keep us posted on how u are doing.. Hugs, Tonya
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Another mommy of five here! :) 3 boys (11, 10, 8), 2 girls (5, 2)
  • etandit
    etandit Posts: 35
    Options
    Welcome! I am also in colorado. but much older than you. i have 2 grown girls and 2 grandchildren. loven every min of being a grandmother. This site is awsome.....i have health issues, and have been to the experts about how i eat. Not enough. years of eating next to nothing reallly did me in! I am having problems even getting to the 900 cal mark.! Wecolme again:smile:

198691.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter