this is why use this site it works !!!

Options
eriny
eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
on yahoo FDA says dieters should stop using Hydroxycut now

WASHINGTON – Government health officials warned dieters and body builders Friday to immediately stop using Hydroxycut, a widely sold supplement linked to cases of serious liver damage and at least one death.

The Food and Drug Administration said the company that makes the dietary supplement has agreed to recall 14 Hydroxycut products. Available in grocery stores and pharmacies, Hydroxycut is advertised as made from natural ingredients. At least 9 million packages were sold last year, the FDA said.

Dr. Linda Katz of the FDA's food and nutrition division said the agency has received 23 reports of liver problems, including the death of a 19-year-old boy living in the Southwest. The teenager died in 2007, and the death was reported to the FDA this March.

Other patients experienced symptoms ranging from jaundice, or yellowing of the skin, to liver failure. One received a transplant and another was placed on a list to await a new liver. The patients were otherwise healthy and their symptoms began after they started using Hydroxycut.

Replies

• eriny
    Options
    on yahoo FDA says dieters should stop using Hydroxycut now

WASHINGTON – Government health officials warned dieters and body builders Friday to immediately stop using Hydroxycut, a widely sold supplement linked to cases of serious liver damage and at least one death.

The Food and Drug Administration said the company that makes the dietary supplement has agreed to recall 14 Hydroxycut products. Available in grocery stores and pharmacies, Hydroxycut is advertised as made from natural ingredients. At least 9 million packages were sold last year, the FDA said.

Dr. Linda Katz of the FDA's food and nutrition division said the agency has received 23 reports of liver problems, including the death of a 19-year-old boy living in the Southwest. The teenager died in 2007, and the death was reported to the FDA this March.

Other patients experienced symptoms ranging from jaundice, or yellowing of the skin, to liver failure. One received a transplant and another was placed on a list to await a new liver. The patients were otherwise healthy and their symptoms began after they started using Hydroxycut.
  • eriny
    Options
    too all the new people who are starting or to the ones in a rut
    NEVER GIVE UP i was to very fat ,lazy, saying this is impossible im too old or this is life need to accept it (overweight) well i am one of many here that show exercise,eating right (not dieting starving one self )and this great site and the people here work :flowerforyou:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Way to go eriny!! You've lost 50 lbs - that is amazing!!! Yup - the recall has started 3 threads now!! I say just avoid the pill thing all together :drinker:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    NEVER GIVE UP i was to very fat ,lazy, saying this is impossible im too old or this is life need to accept it (overweight) well i am one of many here that show exercise,eating right (not dieting starving one self )and this great site and the people here work :flowerforyou:

Absolutely!!! Your success speaks for itself!!!:happy:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info and GREAT JOB on the loss.I know this site works but also our HARDWORK is what gets us to our goals.Again thanks for the post and YOU LOOK AWESOME!!:noway: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Roxy34
    Roxy34 Posts: 146
    Options
    Your before and after pix are AMAZING! Very inspiring!!

Way to kick it! :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    It's SO true eriny!! :wink:

I hate when I hear someone depriving themselves or hurting their body with pills when the answer is in a few simple changes to their lifestyle. Changes that really aren't that difficult if just eased into!

Good job!! :happy:
    -Tam
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Options

Way to go - your lost and determination is awesome. thanks for the post
  • eriny
    Options
    hello my dear tam tastic :heart:
    how have you been ? your husband ,baby and son ? all good i hope
    too all who read this post this is one of the top (wonderful, inspiring) persons i have met her on this site .
    that when i was down,in a rut, hungry ( really wanting lots of junk food ) that i could count on to help with her words or just reading her profile many times over to remind me it was possible !
    to tam tastic thank you :flowerforyou: and the others here :flowerforyou: