Play Station 3 game suggestions

Options
Soccer_Chick
Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
I am looking for suggestions for PS 3 games for my 10 year old son. He had been playing Wii for a few years and just recently got a PS 3. I allowed him to buy Modern Warfare 3 and now that I am convinced he won't become a serial killer for playing it I want to let him expand his horizons a bit.

He really enjoys MW3 and I want to get him a few more games for Christmas. The only game I have on the list so far is FIFA Soccer 12. I have researched a bit and found the Infamous series, Uncharted, UFC Undisputed, Batman Arkham whatever its called, and Madagascar Kartz. Anyone with experience with any of these games feel like giving me some brief feedback? Also any other suggestions will be welcomed.

I am also looking for a great driving game, like a real life driving game. Any suggestions on that?

PS: I also want Saint's Row for myself! :)

Thanks!!

Replies

• lisa0913
    Options
    skyrim and batman- arkham city are two great ones.
  • cayadear
    cayadear Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I was about to suggest Skyrim and Batman.
  • cmbrysonussery
    cmbrysonussery Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Skyrim...I love it. My little brother (18), my little cousin (8), and me have "Skyime Sundays" to play. We all love it. And the scenery is just awe-inspiring you might even enjoy watching him play. :)
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, Infamous 2, Batman

Skyrim might be a little in depth for a 10 year old.

My son is 10 too!
  • cheekyleonie
    cheekyleonie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Definitely FIFA Soccer 12!!!!!
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    The Rachet and Clank series is great and I'm 43. I'm actually asking for the new one for Christmas.
  • AngelTwin27
    AngelTwin27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    A great driving game is GT5. The graphics are amazing and the tracks are very true-to-life! I can highly recommend this one!! :-)
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    gonna have to go with the rest and say skyrim <3 that game lol
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    God of War 3 and Conan are gory but good.
    Ghostbusters has a pretty good story and it's not too hard.
    Skyrim is on my list.
    Ratchet and Clank is always great.
    Rainbow Six: Vegas <-- probably in the bargain bin or used bin at Game Stop.

For deals, you can check bensbargains.net or techbargains.com.
  • wonca
    wonca Posts: 81
    Options
    Skryim is incredible, but... might be a bit much for a 10 year old like oneIT said.
  • JasonSwetland
    JasonSwetland Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    skyrim has a lot of depth so your kid can play it for the main quests, and run around and build up his character mining stuff, collecting, wood chopping, herbs, run dungeons, everyone does that. Then you can sit down and play some of the main quests and enjoy the larger story line. Its like Looney Toons (Bugs Bunny cartoons) used to be. Theres plenty of slap stick for the kids, and a lot of adult humor cleverly disguised that they will never get.

My kids were playing elder scrolls, zelda, all that stuff before they were Ten. It actually taught them a lot of problem solving skills and drives their curiosity up. (Not just for gaming, in life too.) Plus we turned subtitles on which helped them to become better at reading.
  • InfoSecChick
    InfoSecChick Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    SKYRIMMMMM <333333333 haha
  • NickyCat101
    Options
    Definitely Skyrim. Me personally I like Little Big Planet 2, Grand Theft Auto, Saints Row, and Lego games. I have a friend who loves the Batman game, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, and Red Dead Redemption. He is in his 20's though...
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Gran Turismo 5 for realistic driving game.

As for Skyrim being too in depth for a 10 year old, I was playing the original Final Fantasy on the NES when it came out when I was 7. As for what games are good or not good for any particular child, it depends on the child. If he's a good reader, and he loves fantasy style things, it might be perfect for him. I'd go with Batman, maybe the Uncharted series.

Also, I don't believe in not allowing kids to play a Mature rated game simply due to the rating, I used to watch violent horror movies when I was a young child back in the 80's, and I'm not a crazed serial killer because of it. As long as the parent is aware, is ok with, and can legitimately discuss any potentially mature themes in a game with their child, go for it.
  • Soccer_Chick
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I think the list is ready!

Here's what he is getting:

1) Infamous
    2) GT5
    3) Skyrim

# 4 will be one of the following: Batman Arkham City, UFC Undisputed or Battlefield 3.

Looks like BF3 may be very similar to MW3 which he already has. I think UFC is on the list because I want it! Bad mommy! I think he would like Batman the most so that will probably end up being the 4th game!

Thanks again everyone. You were all very helpful.
  • Soccer_Chick
    Options
    Gran Turismo 5 for realistic driving game.

As for Skyrim being too in depth for a 10 year old, I was playing the original Final Fantasy on the NES when it came out when I was 7. As for what games are good or not good for any particular child, it depends on the child. If he's a good reader, and he loves fantasy style things, it might be perfect for him. I'd go with Batman, maybe the Uncharted series.

Also, I don't believe in not allowing kids to play a Mature rated game simply due to the rating, I used to watch violent horror movies when I was a young child back in the 80's, and I'm not a crazed serial killer because of it. As long as the parent is aware, is ok with, and can legitimately discuss any potentially mature themes in a game with their child, go for it.
    [/quote

Just read this and I agree with you! Thanks...]