Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Constantly looking at the scale.

I know that this is bad, but I am checking the scale about 4 times a day. I want to see if and when I lost that extra pound. I am feeling discouraged because I lost 6 lbs now the scale is reflecting that I have gained 2. I am following my calories and I have never went over.

Replies

• indianjones
    indianjones Posts: 5 Member
    Don't be discouraged by what the scale says or for that matter what anyone else says. Just know that if you are eating right and exercising, it doesn't matter what the scale says, you are getting healthier. That is our ultimate goal... Weight loss is just a side effect :)
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Get rid of your scale....
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    try to only weigh yourself once a day.......

i usually do this first thing in the am....after going to the bathroom, naked.........
  • dennydifferent
    dennydifferent Posts: 135 Member
    I suffer from scale-addiction too. I personally have found it wears off after a while. I guess I realised I was just driving myself crazy with it. In my head I knew that weight fluctuates over the day, but it took me WEEKS of compulsive weighing several times a day to finally accept that.

If you really can't stop, throw out your scales. Find a gym or somewhere that has scales so you have to go make an effort to get weighed, and resolve to do it only once a week.