Exercise TV Shut Down! NOOOOO

Options
I have been using exercise tv on demand for over 2 years, it was in fact the only reason i have been able to maintain a fitness regimen because otherwise i get bored. now they are out of service!

does anyone have any suggestions for alternate sites where you can view videos from people like Cindy Whitmarsh, Chris Freytag, Stephanie Vitorino, etc?

Any sites that can keep someone from getting bored?

Replies

• GuillaineC
    GuillaineC Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Do you use it on TV or online? I still have exercise tv on TV. Maybe it's just a bad connection..?

Edit: youtube.com
    search charliejames1975
    She does some EXTREME workouts.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Yep, Exercise TV is being phased out and should be completely gone by December 31st. I heard that Comcast/Xfinity is supposed have a alternate for it though. I sure hope so because I used it a lot too!
  • elliemay63
    elliemay63 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    DirecTv used to have FitTV. I got started on there. I have a few shows still on my TiVo but sure do hate that it is gone. Now I do Biggest Loser DVDs or Jillian Michaels. Not the same but does the trick. Good luck.
  • jaxdiablo
    Options
    I'm not sure if this has the specific trainers you're looking for, but you can always check out Netflix on whatever gaming system to use or if you have an account on your computer. They have the movies on there and a pretty big selection. I used to do yoga and pilates from there.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Here's a posting from one of the Comcast/Xfinity's forums -

Re: EXERCISE TV
    Options
    12-07-2011 12:49 PM

This month, ExerciseTV will cease its operations on video-on-demand, and as a result, ExerciseTV programming will no longer be available as of December 13 on demand.

Through a new free exercise offering called “Fitness Workouts,” fitness programs will continue to be available on Xfinity On Demand. This new offering will be available to digital video customers and includes exercise workouts such as abs, cardio, yoga, and other exercises. Fitness Workouts will be located under Sports & Fitness folder.
    Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I love Kendall Hogan, so I am very upset Exercise TV won't have the free workouts online anymore!

I don't know of any other free sites. WorkoutsOnDemand.com is about $11 a month, but you can almost always find a coupon code for nearly half off of that. Another is TheGymBox.com, and that is $10 a month. I haven't found a coupon code for that yet.
  • wykesp
    Options
    www.trxtraining.com has some really good stuff. It does utilize their product but they have TRX TV and they have a great community page and are always updating content and workouts! I use it often and love it.