Being a Mom vs. college days

Options
I want to have that ENERGY, FREE SPIRIT, fun loving attitude back that I had in college! Not to mention I was thin and would actually wear a bikini in front of others :ohwell: Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my children and my husband, but there are days that being a Mom is just bland. I do my routine in the morning to get them ready for school and daycare, go to work, go home, dinner, bath, exercise, and bed. It is the same everyday! There are some days that I want my college days back with little to no responsability! Does anyone else feel the same way?!

Replies

• AineMonks
    Options
    If it helps, i'm at university and some days feel like that to me! Same jazz, day in day out! But keep positive! Your children will give you so much more then my texts book!!x
  • cecilia0909
    cecilia0909 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I do/did....I had my daughter at 18 but from the ages of 23-26 I was into stuff for me. Stuff for her too but I made time for myself- I went out dancing, read books, got my nails done, met friends at the movies, joined a softball team if I wanted etc. I adored and still adore my daughter but I had time for me and I think that makes a HUGE difference.
    I also did a lot with her- like go to the movies, skating, out hiking and sledding, etc and then I had my sons and got married and suddenly I did nothing for me. And I gained weight.
    Now I am slowly starting to put that me time back into my life and I think it makes me a better wife and mother.
  • elly0778
    Options
    I feel exactly the same way!!!
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Sometimes. My girls are 12 & 10 and it seems they are constantly going at each other. There are certainly those days when I just want to get in the car and drive away and let them have at it. I work a full-time job, I teach part-time, then have the two kids (my husband works evenings so he's not around to help). I don't have the time or the desire to be a referee!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! Me!!!! I wouldn't give up my kids or hubby for an instant but I would love a weekend out, partying, dancing, having some fun and then be able to sleep in!!! I can't wait until my kids sleep in!!!

And I loved being able to roll in at the crack of 6 am, sleep and not have to worry about anyone's needs but my own. Selfish I know but that's just the way it is.

But I also wouldn't give up my life and confidence I have now for anything!!!
  • jenscot25
    jenscot25 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    ME TOO!!! I still feel 23 but now I have 3 kids and a husband. Love them to death but I fantasize about getting out and letting my hair down at times... :drinker:
  • honeybearhoneybear
    Options
    I am with you! Is it bad that sometimes I am just counting down the minutes for my daughters nap time or for her to go to bed? I wouldn't trade her for a minute but sometimes a little "me time" is nice.