Sneaking in exercise

Options
This may sound a little strange, but when you work at a desk job, you have to get exercise in any way you can, right?

Sometimes I'll go to the bathroom and if no one is there, I will choose the wider stall and do squats and calf raises.

Only problem is, the squats leave my heart beating a little fast and get me the slightest bit winded... I don't want people wondering why I look out of breath coming out of the bathroom stall, LOL...

Just thought I'd make you giggle a little :P

Anyone got any other good at-work exercises to try?

Replies

• teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    arm lifts with 2 water bottles and seated leg lifts in your seat facing your computer, no has to know.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    lol, I did the arm lifts yesterday! I scan a lot of files and when it's a big file with lots of pages, I do the arm lifts... so I am actually multitasking ;) Good deal about the leg lifts. Sometimes I extend my legs out in front of me but on the floor... and lift one leg at a time, touching heel-to-toe on the other foot, then set that foot down and do the other leg, heel-to-toe... back and forth, if you lift your leg a little higher than you need to, it makes the tops of your thighs burn. Better than just sitting there, eh?
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    :) That made me laugh. I do chair yoga, and leg raises under my desk. Sometimes I life myself in my chair and hold myself (hovering) an inch or two above the seat with my arms. I always wonder if the people who sit around me notice, but no one ever says anything, lol.
  • mehaugen
    mehaugen Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Squats while waiting for the microwave to cook something! 2 minutes of squats is a tough exercise to do!
  • Rroobbiinn
    Options
    I take an hour long walk at lunch everyday. It's nice to get away from my desk and also to go outside and get some sun.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS got in my workout on the job - full body.

I found places to do pull-ups, sit-ups, tricep dips, various types of push-ups and leg exercises galore.

And yes, I exited the restroom breathing heavy at times; just wink at anybody who notices...lol
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Locked my office door and did sit-ups today.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    The only one I really do is sprinting up the stairs to the 3rd floor from time to time.

But in general, it's ok to have a sedentary job as long as you get some decent exercise in at home before or after work.
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Getting out of your chair using just your legs, that's always a fun one :)

I constantly move my legs, I don't really sit around anyone else though so nobody notices. LOL
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    The only one I really do is sprinting up the stairs to the 3rd floor from time to time.
    I do the same! Our old office was on the third floor. It was easy to get in a couple trips per day. New office is on ground floor. I have to make a point of going up the stairs now.
  • patience842003
    Options
    I do Leslie Sansone's 5 minute walk via youtube :-)
    I also do a minute of jumping jacks now and then.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I used to walk in place while waiting on the copy or fax machines, also knee raises or squats. Walk as much as possible, avoid email, etc.
  • weakaaron
    weakaaron Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I carry a lot of heavy things toolboxes etc.. up and down stairs several times a day but thats not really sneaking. If i dont have much to do I do pull ups hanging from my van and run up and down the stairs. So glad I dont have a desk job!
  • nighthawk327
    Options
    Haha original post cracked me up! Good for you trying to get in exercise any way you can! Drives me crazy to sit in one place for more than a couple of hours. Chair yoga is great :)
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I make frequent trips to the 5th floor where I work and take the stairs. I NEVER would have done that before! and if not in a hurry, take the long way around the building.
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options

And yes, I exited the restroom breathing heavy at times; just wink at anybody who notices...lol
    HAHA
  • LaylaLopez
    Options
    I try and saty out of my seat as much as possible, when I go to the store I always park as far away from the door as possible, making me get in a small walk before and after. Anyhting that keeps me moving
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I thought that everyone squats in the stalls.
  • leezanicole
    Options
    I would do squats every time I went to the bathroom! Gotta sneak it in sometimes.. it works!