No willpower

Options
I'm having a hard time with this whole weight loss thing. I have like no willpower at all. I keep hoping on the weightloss life changing wagon and then i fall off again soon after.

i joined curves almost a year ago, but with my eating habits i'm still at the same weight.

i've worked with a woman at curves and made up a great eating plan, but i have a hard time sticking with it. like tonight for example i was at the mall and my mom bought a milkshake so i got one to because it looked good. i also have a hard time drinking all my water, but i'm getting better with that and am up to 6 glasses a day, and then a cup of red tea.

so people with no willpower...how did you overcome it? i want to eat healthier for myself and to be a good example for my children, but its just so hard with so much good things out there lol!

Replies

• TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    I'm having a hard time with this whole weight loss thing. I have like no willpower at all. I keep hoping on the weightloss life changing wagon and then i fall off again soon after.

i joined curves almost a year ago, but with my eating habits i'm still at the same weight.

i've worked with a woman at curves and made up a great eating plan, but i have a hard time sticking with it. like tonight for example i was at the mall and my mom bought a milkshake so i got one to because it looked good. i also have a hard time drinking all my water, but i'm getting better with that and am up to 6 glasses a day, and then a cup of red tea.

so people with no willpower...how did you overcome it? i want to eat healthier for myself and to be a good example for my children, but its just so hard with so much good things out there lol!
  • mtcountrygal
    Options
    Honestly, it's just a choice that you have to make. Period. I was looking for a quick fix answer. I figured if I a bought an outfit that didn't fit yet, or got into a new relationship, or started a new job that I would lose the weight. It came down to wanting to love myself. I am the only one to blame for my weight gain. I was the one that had "Little Debbie" as my best friend for years. I started with one good decision. Do one good thing for yourself and other things will follow. If you are ready to lose, you will lose. If you are not mentally ready, you will fall off the bandwagon. I've been working out solid for a month and am addicted. I feel great, am starting to look great and can't wait for the rest of my life, because my LIFE is what has been waiting for me. I don't mean to be harsh, just saying what I feel. You will find it in you...not anywhere else.
  • superduperbandnerd
    Options
    I'm in the same boat you are. And In my case... I blame it on my husband ( I know that I really have the control ... But it just feels good blaming him) he is the worst. He eats ice cream and french bread everyday and doesn't gain an ounce.... and does this all sitting right in fornt of me. Grrrrr.
  • verifire
    verifire Posts: 44
    Options
    try actually comparing the two things at the moment you make the decision: do i want the milkshake more? or do i want me minus five pounds more? if you stop to think every time, you'll make the right call. plus, you can always settle for a good fruit smoothie and you minus three pounds...compromise has been my good friend in weight maintenance. i never try extremes.
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    Everything changed for me when I started doing research about what the food and it's nutrients (or lack thereof) do to my body. When I stopped thinking of food in terms of how it would affect my weight and more in terms of how it would affect my mood, body performance, energy, brain function, etc... it clicked in my head.

I no longer crave foods like ice cream and donuts. You get out of your body what you put into it. Food is your body's fuel and just like a car... if you put crappy fuel in your car, it isn't going to perform well. It took me about 3 weeks of eating clean (all natural foods, no processed junk) to get my body out of craving those foods.

I used to say I had no willpower. And I really didn't. But that's what changed it for me :) Good luck!