A couple of questions...:)

Options
Ok, I have another question! Well, actually two;) So, I'm looking for ways to tone my inner thighs.. I'm going on vacation in about 2 weeks. Obviously, I won't have them perfect, or probably even close, by then. But what are fun exercises that will help with that? Also, I"M ALWAYS HUNGRY? How do I fix this? Thanks ladies:) (and gents)

Replies

• rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    If you're always hungry you should look at what you're eating and if there is anything that you're eating that takes up a lot of calories that you could swap for something healthier and more filling maybe you should try that? Or try to stop yourself thinking about food. I always feel hungrier if I'm bored and have nothing to distract me from being hungry. (:
  • drjennelle
    drjennelle Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    it's really hard to "spot train" and area of your body - but anything involving squats is a really good way to tone your legs overall! squats, lunges, bowler lunges (google them if you aren't sure what they are but they are MAGICAL and work your inner and outer things and your BOOTY too) :)

as to food- the number one way to STOP feeling hungry is to eat more fiber, hands down! fiber fills you up without adding many calories - it's the miracle food really ;) my biggest suggestion for more fiber is high fiber cereals - great as a snack in a baggie too. some awesome options for these are fiber one original cereal, all bran original cereal, and all bran bran buds - if you put some of the cereal in a bag with some raisins and sunflower seeds or bittersweet chocolate chips and pecans (just a few) you will feel satisfied and hunger free! i promise!! :)
  • kenna9765
    Options
    thank you so much, I'm going to try this:)
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    2 weeks?

Nothing.
    You need to set your goals beyond that - like 3 months. But just forget going so hard on yourself and just enjoy your vacation and the new journey toward health and fitness.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    http://pinterest.com/pin/282178732872075508/

That is a pretty good workout for the inner thighs. :)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    There is no way to spot-reduce or spot tone. Your body will lose where it wants to lose (usually last one first off, first on last off). You can reduce your body fat by exercising and eating right and being patient. The more muscle you build also, the more calories you burn at rest, so that's good, too.
    That being said, squats, lunges, leg lifts, hip abductors/adductors are all good leg exercises to do.

As far as being hungry all the time, eat nutritious, well-balanced meals and snacks in sensible portions. Try combining a protein with a carb (esp one with plenty of fiber) for snacks (like apple w/ PB for example) to keep you full and fueled longer.
    Drink plenty of water, too.
  • aiyana1228
    aiyana1228 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    What works for me to keep away the hungrys. I start with a good solid breakfast. If I skimp here I will pay for it later. Usually 1/2 C oatmeal (not instant) with cinnamon, 4 oz coconut milk and blueberries or banana. This is usually right around 300 cals. Gives me the high fiber plus calcium, protien and the energy boost from the fruit. Plus I get about 2X as much as I would eating packaged cereal. Then I eat something small mid morning. A handfull of grapes, some veggie strips, a yogurt. I go light at lunch and all of that leaves me full throughout the day and I have plenty of calories left for a nice dinner. I figured out pretty quick that the more whole natural foods I eat the less hungry I get. Frozen meals and convienience foods look tempting but due to how they make it you really don't get much food for the calories. I can eat a tiny lean cusine for about 300 calories or I can have 2 cups of my home made (WW Recipe) veggie soup and a huge salad for about 200. I also make sure I always keep fruit and veggies on hand for when I need it. I am sure you will hear this a lot too but sometimes when you think you are hungry-you are really just thirsty. Try increasing your water intake. One last thought. Are you doing this in a healthy way? Are you getting that 1200 calorie minimum? There are days that I don't make it to 1200 but any more than one day and I will be ready to eat my car the next day. Your body knows it needs calories. Starvation never works. Its just not sustainable or healthy.
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    Squats, lunges, burpees, and chair pose in yoga will all help you strengthen that area. Anything with jumping will also help. :)
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Eat 6 times a day every 2 hrs n drink half your body weight in water...I do this and I'm rarely hungry and I only take in 1000 cals a day..I'm on Medifast....so I'm sure u eat way more cals than me..but that works;)