Sedentary

Options
For those of you set to sedentary - what do you log? I'm definitely not sedentary, but I figured this would allow me to log some of the running around I do at work in addition to my extensive walking commute. I definitely only log a percentage of this kind of activity. What about you guys?

Replies

• sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I sit behind a desk most of the day, but I don't bother logging whenever I'm up or walking to a different building. For me the only thing worth logging would be an actual workout at the gym, something that gets my heart rate up and keeps it up. If you are on your feet a bit more why not just set the system to light activity, instead of trying to figure out calories burned.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Because I don't work every day and some shifts are longer than others. I don't know, I'm still trying to figure a lot of aspects of this site out.
  • delong99
    delong99 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am "sedentary" too meaning I work a desk job. I don't log anything as exercise unless it is really exercise like going for a walk, run or working out. I found that MFP tends to overestimate my calorie burn so I was afraid I'd have too many exercise calories and be tempted to eat them.