How bad is it??!

Options
TCWE
TCWE Posts: 51 Member
To lie to kids!

There was loud banging at my front door so I went to see who it was; it was the kids that lived next door, they wanted to come over and play. (Mind you Im a 21 yr old single college student; no kids living here not sure why they want to come over) I lied and said I was leaving....they asked where I was going and I said UMMMM the grocery store!! They are probably watching out their window to see me pull away. LOL

Replies

• wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,161 Member
    Options
    Strange...where are their parents? Letting kids knock on stranger's doors :huh: Maybe the parents put them up to it because they need a babysitter?
  • stephevers1227
    stephevers1227 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    When I was 25 I had a couple of kids that lived next door. I think they were 6 and 8. Of course, I was married and a teacher so the situation was very different. They've both grown up and I've been to both of their weddings and the girl is pregnant with her second child. Sometimes I feel like I raised both of them because they were always at my house.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I lie to my unborn seeds all the time. Thinking that they're going to fertilize an egg, just to see the outside world before they hit something else. It's hilarious.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Lying to kids prepares them for the future. Well done!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I don't think it was bad, but I wonder why you felt the need to lie? They are children after all, and not YOURS, so could you not just say "I'm sorry, I don't have time/want to play?" But then again I'm not a fan of children I'm not related to, and even those are iffy.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I don't think it was bad, but I wonder why you felt the need to lie? They are children after all, and not YOURS, so could you not just say "I'm sorry, I don't have time/want to play?"
    Yeah, why not nip it in the bud?
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Why in God earth would they come over to play. Were they boys? Makes you say ummmmm.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I lie to my unborn seeds all the time. Thinking that they're going to fertilize an egg, just to see the outside world before they hit something else. It's hilarious.

Won't you be surprised when they fertilize the dog.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    This makes me worry about where the parents are and how those kids are being raised. I went for a walk once and a little girl started following me and trying to get me to pick her up. I ended up having to turn around and bring her home... lucky it was me and not some creepy pedo or something.
  • Justin_1972
    Justin_1972 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    LMAO
  • Justin_1972
    Justin_1972 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Won't you be surprised when they fertilize the dog.

omg lmfao