1 month & minus 12lbs!

Options
hellotina
hellotina Posts: 147 Member
so today its been 1 month since i joined MFP & i'm down 12lbs. 4lbs week 1, 2, & 4.. week 3 was right after thanksgiving which i had maintained the 8lbs i'd lost so i didn't beat myself up too bad. its been hard but MFP has made it so much easier to stay focused.. i love this website & the phone app. i have also found a love for zumba thst i never thought i could have LOL only one NSV so far, my belt isn't digging into me when i sit down anymore. & yesterday someone at work said my face looked slightly thinner.

just hoping i can stay motivated & stick with it. i LOVE the success stories on here.. i look at them when i start getting off focus. the only annoyance i have is my office manager at work told me i was "silly" & its "stupid" to waste time counting cals/working out "it is what it is".. she is the most NEGATIVE person ever. (she is also over weight & diabetic- go figure lol) BUT.. her being a b*tch & downing my success is only pushing me harder =)

thanks to everyone who posts, i love keeping up with all your message boards & stuff!

Replies

• bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Don't take what your co-worker is saying to heart. More than likely because they are unhealthy, they are jelouse because they wished they had the will power that you do. I know...I'm looking for my will power right now too...LOL!
    Great job on losing! And during the worst time of the year. Big pat on the back girl!
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of people laugh at me for counting calories. But when they see the progress they ask "how did you lose weight?" :explode: seriously!!
  • mrsfortune
    mrsfortune Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss!! The one thing I can say about your co-worker is that I used to be her not as blunt though, mostly in my head with the negativity. I think you succeeding may also be helpful to her. Not only will you accomplish your goal but you may give her hope too. It took someone at my job whom I use to order lunch with all the time and talk food with all the time to start loosing in front of me for me to really believe I could do this. She did however have gastric bypass but the fact that she was eating less and loosing clicked something in my head...And even if that doesn't work you can make her eat her words!!
  • hellotina
    Options
    Don't take what your co-worker is saying to heart. More than likely because they are unhealthy, they are jelouse because they wished they had the will power that you do. I know...I'm looking for my will power right now too...LOL!
    Great job on losing! And during the worst time of the year. Big pat on the back girl!

thanks!! & yeah, i see it as she is probably just really unhappy with herself as well.. lol
  • hellotina
    Options
    I had a lot of people laugh at me for counting calories. But when they see the progress they ask "how did you lose weight?" :explode: seriously!!

LOL, ironic huh?
  • hellotina
    Options
    Congrats on the loss!! The one thing I can say about your co-worker is that I used to be her not as blunt though, mostly in my head with the negativity. I think you succeeding may also be helpful to her. Not only will you accomplish your goal but you may give her hope too. It took someone at my job whom I use to order lunch with all the time and talk food with all the time to start loosing in front of me for me to really believe I could do this. She did however have gastric bypass but the fact that she was eating less and loosing clicked something in my head...And even if that doesn't work you can make her eat her words!!

thank you!! yeah thats true. & i am determined to make her eat her words.. she is older & is always harder on me about everything vs the older girls her age we work with so i wanna prove her wrong & show her it just takes effort & it can be done!! =)
  • SundayRiver2u
    SundayRiver2u Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm always amazed at people's awkward response to other's successes. Your coworker just WISHES she had your discipline, motivation, and friends! :-) Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!