Hope this works.

Options
Hi there,

I've just joined after being inspired by one of your members weight loss success....her name on here is halarios51. My Subject is sort of a play on words! She'll know what I mean. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and that I'm hoping that I can lose some of the weight that's been dragging me down for the past few years. I didn't have a weight issue until later in life. Any encouragement or words of wisdom, tips or stories that you all can share would be most appreciated. I'll be reading for a bit and look forward to getting to know you. Thanks for hosting this site!

I want to wear shorts again!

:)

Replies

• djp4him
    Options
    Swisheroo, I have been using this site for a little over a month now after being encouraged by a co-worker to try it out. I had Lap Band surgery last May and had been struggling to get out of the 250's. Within the first 30 days of using this site to track my food and exercise I have seen how I had been sabotaging myself and lost 13 pounds in the first 30 days. The holiday eating made me gain a little of that back but am working it off slowly again. Good luck with your weight loss!
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Joining MFP was the BEST decision you could ever make .... the support system is amazing, as is the inspiration ! The best advice I could give you is to remember this :

3500 Calories Burned = 1 pound lost .... So if you can save 500 cal a day you will lose 1 pound a week. ( 7 x 500 = 3500 )

Believe in yourself, stay positive at all times and remember we all fall off track once in awhile, but that doesn't defeat us ... not getting back up again does ! Stay focused my friend .. determination and a little sweat go a very long way !

Best of luck ! :)
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    This website is amazing....use it often! forums, diary tracker, everything. i'm logged on like 50 times a day lol
  • Swisheroo
    Swisheroo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the warm welcome and the encouraging words. I am so excited to have this forum to be part of! All three of you have inspired me already. So happy to be here!
  • cirellim
    cirellim Posts: 269
    Options
    You've come to the right place MFP is full of motivated people looking out for one another and trying to achieve fitness goals as a whole. You've taken the first step and I wish you the best of luck with the help of MFP friends and a good diet/exercise plan you'll be achieving your goals in no time!!
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Welcome on board! Feel free to add, but don't "hope", "do!" you will find great motivation here and learn more about your body than ever before. It's going to be great! Welcome to the club!
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I agree with Laney540 and would also like to add that if I had to pick one tidbit of advice it's to not think diet either... Think of this as your new beginning, a lifestyle change that will carry you into the future. That is finally what clicked for me... Also log everything, every day and mix it up with different exercises so as to not get bored and you'll do great! Good luck on your journey - read some of the great success stories on the community board - so inspirational! :flowerforyou:
  • Swisheroo
    Swisheroo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am liking my "lifestyle" change and I am doing this! I feel so much better and so much more in control. You are all great to reply and encourage me...thank you! I know I can and I am! Thanks Everybody!