Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

knee pain?

I've recently started to get back into shape a few weeks ago, after literally sitting on my butt (pregnancy) for the last year or so. But now everytime after I go for a jog I get this horrendous sharp shooting pain in my knee cap. Is that normal? lol

Replies

• Geer76
    Geer76 Posts: 31 Member
    Have you started out slowly with getting back to being active or literally jumped right into it? It could be anything from not enough of a warm up or need for more stretching. You should also check your shoes, as they are not as supportive after so many miles put on them. Inserts could help as well. My chiropractor is working with me on my knee pain, which we found is due to my arches. So could be several things.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    When you stretch, make sure you're stretching your IT band. When I was training for the marathon, I started getting horrible knee pain. It ended up being my IT band because that wasn't one of the muscles I was stretching properly.
  • Rosepetals11
    Rosepetals11 Posts: 32 Member
    It's likely from stretching.. I just am not sure how to properly stretch one's knee? lol. I just paid 80 bucks for a new pair of pumas and they're really the only tennis shoes i have that support my high arches.