Introducing Shane! my second recruit

Options
he's a best friend of mine from high school
I was telling him about this site and all the wonderful things its done for and he just signed up :bigsmile:
so play nice!

Replies

• LaurenLibra
    LaurenLibra Posts: 62
    Options
    he's a best friend of mine from high school
    I was telling him about this site and all the wonderful things its done for and he just signed up :bigsmile:
    so play nice!
  • ShaneSuperDag
    Options
    Hi everyone *envisions everyone sitting round in a circle*,

Hi, I'm Shane, and I'm an alcoholic and a professional gambler... lol, I really gotta find a better opening line. Seriously, my name is really Shane, I haven't got an alcohol problem and I'm not a professional gambler. I am the most unpredictably average yet generically funny person, so people have told me, personally I just get a kick outta makin people laugh and seeing people happy:smile: . I have always been overweight, ever since I was about 3yrs old. I don;t smoke, I rarely drink, I run out of things to say (eg. right now) and thats about it. I am doing this because I feel my weight is holding me back from a number of things, eg. work, making new friends, dating, and many more I won't go into.

Thankyou all

Shane

P.S. arent you glad I replied LaurenLibra, otherwise all your friends would think you've gone mental! lol :tongue:
  • MDF08
    MDF08 Posts: 57
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website on the web. I :heart: it here and I think you will too. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive and so easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • Mriv
    Mriv Posts: 30
    Options
    Welcome! It won't be easy but it will be worth it. Unlike you I havn't always been this heavy. I've gained about 90 pounds over the last 10 years and that's why I can assure you that it's worth it. I felt better, the dating was better and my feelings about myself was better. I wish you the best of luck.
  • losinglynn
    losinglynn Posts: 22
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your journey!! :wink:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome Shane!! Enjoy the journey and have fun with it! :drinker:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hey Shane (BTW, love that name)

Welcome and good luck on your journey
    You seem to have a good sense of humor...the threads are a little slow on the weekends, but you'll have to check out the ' all about something and nothing' threads on the chit-chat boards.....
    It's nice to talk about weight lose, get your questions answered, get support etc, but we also have fun talking about some silly stuff here as well

Kim