How close do you keep an eye on...

Options
I was just wondering how close of an eye do most people keep on sugar, sodium intake, etc and not just the calories? I try not to go over my limit in anything. But if I do, it's usually sugar and sodium. Sometimes a couple over in fats. Now that I know the app shows everything, I pre-plan my meals, and see if I'll be over in one of those areas. I usually have about 500 or so calories left by the end of the day, and I'm always full when I go to bed. But my sugar and sodium are either close to 0, or over my limit. I was just wondering if anyone else tries to really look at all of the nutritional facts, or mostly calories. :)

Replies

• snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    The only things I really worry about (outside of calories of course) are my protein being at 100g min and recently started focusing on making sure my fats are at 65 grams. Thats been hard to do (meaning I had to add a donut or drink whole milk), but today I bought some almonds :D I don't pay attention to regulating my sugar/sodium. I just try to get more water in.
  • lilieslosinit
    lilieslosinit Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I think you'll find that most people on here try to ignore natural sugars such as fruit, but pay attention to their processed sugars. MFP doesn't separate that out for you, but if you're over on sugar because you ate a few pieces of fruit, then I think it's probably ok. Personally, I try to stay under on my sodium, although today doesn't reflect that :P, but if I go over I try to drink some extra water.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i keep an eye on sodium, since it can aid in water retention. also, added sugars. but i'm always over in sugar. sigh.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I watch calories, try to get in lots of protein (100g) and veggies, and I casually attempt to meet my fat goal. I'm also sure to get in enough calcium and fiber but sugar and sodium are not even on my radar honestly.