Jogging Stroller

Options
To those parents who run with the stroller:

What jogging stroller are you using?
How much did you pay?
Are you happy with it?
Where you a runner before you had children?

I have a JEEP stroller and I'm not happy with it at all :(

Replies

• AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I've got a BOB Revolution. I used my credit card points to get it (about $350 I think). I love everything about it except it didn't come with a handlebar tray for your water bottle and keys, and the backrest makes Logan slouch a little. Other than that, I love it! It runs very smooth. Our longest run has been 10 miles, and our fastest was 5 miles at just over 7:00mm.

I run off to the left side of it, pushing it with my right arm. I run WITH traffic, in the bike lane.

Yes, I was a runner for over 20 years before having our little guy.

Here's his stroller pimped out for nighttime running.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/391998-pimping-out-the-jog-stroller-for-logan
  • smilegirl
    smilegirl Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have a BOB Revolution. I think it was $450 or so. I absolutely love it! I've been a runner for 10+ years, ran throughout my entire pregnancy and now run with my daughter (currently using the car seat adapter). The BOB is incredibly agile and easy to run with.
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I have two, one single and one double. The single is a Baby Trend stroller that we paid 120$ for. I love it, and we've had it two years now. I can push it with one hand while running, has 4 cup holders and a key cubby.

The double stroller is a schwinn and it has speakers and mp3 input, we paid 189+ shipping for it. I love this one as-well. It manouvers just as great as our single. It also has an adjustable hight handlebar.

I know a lot of people reccomend the B.O.B. but for the money, I am extremely happy with what I have. I was runner LONG before I had kids and recently picked it up again. I also run a daycare from home so we put a lot of miles on both of these strollers :)
  • Mimimaus
    Options
    thx for your replies guys!

so they all have a swivel front wheel right?

we have a fixed one and i think its sooo annoying, espc when you run on a curvy trail!

@aztrailrunner- the batterie christmas light is a great idea!!
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    BOB all the way! I had the Jeep when I just needed the single and the BOB is so much better. So much easier to push and it's so nice that both kids have their own space, rather than the bench seat type. Love freaking LOVE it. Totally worth the $5,000. Okay, perhaps it wasn't that much, but it did hurt the wallet. My older daughter is 5 and I'm guessing this spring will be the last time I can run with her :(
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    thx for your replies guys!

so they all have a swivel front wheel right?

we have a fixed one and i think its sooo annoying, espc when you run on a curvy trail!

@aztrailrunner- the batterie christmas light is a great idea!!

The front wheel on the BOB can be locked straight or free turning.
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I have a JEEP as well and can't say enough good things about it LOL. I have the one where the wheel lock or swivles, though. I think I'd go insane if it only locked.
  • Zoe2901
    Zoe2901 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I run with my double buggy it is a britax b dual and has two frint wheels close together that swivel and i can run with that just fine i use it as my regular buggy too. Ipush with one hand and run to the side.