Are their any websites that show excercise machines and what

Options
For a long time I've only been doing cardio workouts, but now I'm interested in toning. At the gym, the machines aren't really that easy to figure out and I don't want to look dumb doing it wrong. And if there are specific areas I want to work, I don't know what equipment to look for.

Is there anywhere I can look at all of the machines and what they do?

Replies

• jgoff3003
    jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I was like that too.

Two things you can do...ask one of the gym ppl for a demo (pref a hot guy lol) and then they can tell you what is a good weight to start at and what sets and reps you should be doing and if free weights are better for you.

or check out the name of the machine (should be listed on it somewhere) and youtube it!
  • LynneGG
    LynneGG Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i googled the name brand my gym used and found lots of videos on you tube as well.
  • rainedays86
    rainedays86 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have done alot of research on the "excercise ball" you can do so many different workouts with it and tone up! You could even get one at walmart for super cheap. And just look up different exercises to do with the ball online. It will save you alot of money instead of spending on a big piece of gym equipment you can spend your money on clothes!!! yay!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    For a long time I've only been doing cardio workouts, but now I'm interested in toning. At the gym, the machines aren't really that easy to figure out and I don't want to look dumb doing it wrong. And if there are specific areas I want to work, I don't know what equipment to look for.

Is there anywhere I can look at all of the machines and what they do?

Katie Butler has a workout dvd (Katie Butlers Back to Basics Gym and Personal Trainer Fitness Video) that can be downloaded to an ipod or mp3 Player.

You can find the dvd on Amazon.com for $9.99.

Here's a clip of the workout dvd.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZYce8QPL6E
  • clean115
    Options
    This is great thanks
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    You can def find pics and videos of how to use different workout machines. If you're interested in any bodyweight/strength training exercises you can check out: www.youtube.com/mdloughy I post videos of all my workouts there.