Hi! I'm new to this and I'm kinda scared :/

Options
I'm new to the dieting/weight loss scene and I would really like to get familiar with this site and what it is like for everyone else. I am a former competitive gymnast looking for that body I used to have. Hopefully, with a little support I can reach my goals!

Replies

• beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! :) I'm sure you'll do fantastic <33
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Follow the program, log EVERYTHING, expect downfalls, celebrate successes and you'll do fine. Good luck on your journey!
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared. Mfp can be a great place to get to know people, and likely there are people who are trying to do just what you are. Don't be afraid to reach out and make friends. Remember, you control what you put out there!

Mfp was made to help people reach their fitness goals and to help people find others who want to do the same. That's what REALLY puts the Pals into MyFitnesPal!!!!!!!

Feel free to add me. I love cheering people on to their goals! :)
  • kissoffools
    Options
    Hey there! Don't be scared. :) I just joined MFP on Monday, and already I'm absolutely LOVING it. Between logging my food and exercise and reading the forums, I feel like I've become so much more aware than I was before. Makes me feel like I can really do this. Good luck to you!
  • AttyMomOf3
    AttyMomOf3 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    This is a great site that teaches you a lot about how calories can add up. If you use it daily and accurately, you can learn a lot about your habits and see where the weight gain starts. I have been on the diet/weight loss scene for quite awhile, so my advice for you is to nip it in the bud! It only gets harder when you get older. Good luck to you!! Feel free to reach out to me if you need support!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared, this site is great! and it's filled with tons of supportive people! the only advice I have is don't be afraid to eat! it's just as important to make sure that you're eating enough as it is to make sure that you're not overeating, and I think that is often overlooked in the beginning! good luck, you can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • Lindseysund8
    Options
    feel free to add me! id be happy to send some motivation your way :) good luck!
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    you won't find friendlier, more helpful people ANYWHERE!! i was nervous too, but it fades quickly! Soon, you'll be commenting on some other Newbie's post with encouragement!!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared!
    Get started by writing down everything you are eating. I found that as soon as I started doing this I became more concious of where all the excess calories were coming from.
    Once you can see this, you can start making changes to your meals to get a healthy balance of food in there.
    It's pretty straightforward, I think the real trick is to stick with it and don't get discouraged by one bad day or if the scale doesn't drop immediately.
  • skyestarz
    Options
    LOVE this response!
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!