Low carb, high fibre snacks?

Options
Hey guys

So I'm pondering what to do for my mid afternoon snack today. It needs to be low in carbs and maybe high in fibre? to keep me full? I probably consume too much protein through out the day.

Any suggestions? I'm at work so looking for something nice and easy to purchase from a supermarket.

Replies

• kiahpyr
    kiahpyr Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    bump

Thanks for the bump! ^^
  • splucy
    Options
    blegh.... suppose I'll just have another protein bar then lol
  • nneka86
    Options
    Almonds. Each one is, pretty much, half its weight in fibre--which brings the net/overall carb value down. That, along with the fat content, keeps you fuller and satiated longer, too. :)
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/almonds/
  • kathiemcn
    Options
    Hi Lucy, just like you, I always end up back with the trusty protein bars too. Can you get Aussie Bodies FX 30gm Low Carb Protein Bars?....100 calories and very filling, even though small.

Kathie x
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    How about a piece of fruit?
  • bradatjet
    Options
    Metamucil - Cinnamon Spice Fiber Wafers, 1 packet (2 wafers). 5 grams of fiber. Money!
  • splucy
    Options
    Thanks guys! I ended up having celery with beetroot tzatziki dip and a protein bar :P

Indulged a bit today because I didn't remember that I was going out to dinner with a friend >.< doh
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    If you count net carbs instead of total consumed, try making flax crackers in the microwave - it's just ground flax and water, and you can add your own spices to get a flavor you enjoy. There are tons of recipes online!