Sleep VS working out

Options
Okay.. I am trying to crack down.. I do 3-4 hardcore classes a week.. bootcamps, kickbox (which is like kenpo or taebo on crack!!), strength class (which is like a minibootcamp).. classes are all an hour and my trainer says that I burn 800-900 calories a session..

I did kickbox this past Mon, Tues I did the weight classes which kicked my butt, today I did kickbox again.. fridays her classes are during the day when I work and I work Sat when her classes are offered.. she has a class offered at 6am tomorrow but it is 20min away and I don't have a lot o time to even get ready for work and I would have to wake up by 5 at the latest.. they are not classes where you can avoid eating before.

Anyway, people say that sleep is crucial (which I haven't gotten any of this week). is it bad to get less than 5hrs? I have a hair appointment tomorrow night and cannot make it but I already feel guilty!

Replies

• llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Sleep in, girl! It sounds like you are getting PLENTY of exercise, and maybe not enough sleep.... If your body is not getting the time it needs to recover / repair from the strenuous workouts, your weight loss and your overall health may suffer.
  • Journey2Myself
    Options
    Sleep in, girl! It sounds like you are getting PLENTY of exercise, and maybe not enough sleep.... If your body is not getting the time it needs to recover / repair from the strenuous workouts, your weight loss and your overall health may suffer.

oops i posted this twice and it wont let me erase :( yeah, but it is only 3-4x a week. .i will try to do extra little things tomorrow.. but i feel like i have to go hardcore to get results.. one day without is one day behind.. however, i dont want to burn myself out either.

Cute kitty!!!
  • cpaisley88
    Options

Spot on and I completely agree. While some people can operate off of minimal sleep (I am not one of them) you definitely need more than 5 hours a night if you are putting yourself through hard workouts.
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Sleep. It's one class you will miss. One. You're doing other exercise so sleeeeep
  • Tashafarassha
    Options
    You burn more with a rested body. Ask Dr. Oz! Sleep the heck in!!!
  • Journey2Myself
    Options
    I just feel guilty because I'm usually in the U.S after work Fri, Sat, Sun so don't get thos workouts in.. and this Sat he is visiting me but I can't go to my classes because I work then he is over.. maybe I can drag him out for a long walk :)