Disaappointed and Confusing :(

Options
Hi everyone,

My name is May, Ive been logging to this site for 20 days in a row now.

Ive been eating at 1,250 kcal daily and more on the days that i exercised.

However, when I weigh myself the first time this morning my weight goes up to 65.5 kg.(I was 64 kg. when i first start)

I am really disappointed at myself and lost my self-esteem.

What should I do to this it seems like nothing is moving in the right way.

Should I not eat my exercise calorie? or Do I have dinner too late (normally I have it at 8 pm.)

Any suggestion?

Replies

• Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    How much weight are you trying to lose? The reason I ask is because I can't help noticing your profile picture. :) You don't look all that heavy.

If you're only trying to lose a small amount, you need to aim for slow weight loss. Try setting your Fitness Pal goal to 1/2 lb a week. (Not sure what that is in kg.) Or even set it at maintenance, then cut out about 100 to 300 calories off that. If you're doing this right, you will slowly, but you will lose.

Check out the stickies in the forums, too. Great advice! :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Hi May,
    Yes, that would be very disappointing, I can understand why you're not happy about it!
    But, don't give up. Some people find that it can take a while for the weight to start moving down - especially if you have started exercising more. There might be other changes in your body that mean that the scale isn't moving down.
    I suggest keep going with what you are doing for now - I definitely wouldn't start eating less, you are already eating pretty low calories and it's not that likely that you need to go any lower.
    Keep eating a bit extra on the days you exercise, your body needs to be getting enough energy and nutrition, otherwise you are going to get tired and run down and find it hard to keep going.
    Don't worry about what time you are eating, that isn't likely to make any difference.
    The things you can do:
    - be extra careful when you are logging your meals. Don't forget to count small things like adding sauces to meals or sugar to your coffee, those calories can add up and when you are just getting started I think it is worth logging them all.
    - double check the calories you are entering for exercise. Some people find that MFP overestimates their calories. If you have a HRM, use these calories and if you don't, google the exercise you are doing to get a different exercise of how much you are burning.
    - keep going as you are for a few more weeks. Sometimes hormones play a part in your weight, and it might be part of your regular cycle that is making your weight look higher at the moment.
    - after a few more weeks, if you are confident that you are logging everything accurately, then I would go to your doctor to make sure there is no medical reason why you aren't losing weight.
    - you might like to open up your diary, so people can give you some constructive advice based on what you are eating.

Good luck and don't give up!
  • paniologal
    paniologal Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're putting on a little water weight. I personally only weigh myself in the morning with light clothes on and when it's not that TOM. I stopped eating my exercise calories for awhile there but I have recently started eating some of them back again and I feel a LOT better.. plus I'm not putting on the extra weight. I usually do for the next couple days but it takes awhile for food to get out of the system.. Best of luck and don't give up!
  • littlemonkey1987
    Options
    Well, thanks everyone for your reply, much appreciated. I WONT'T GIVE UP :D,

@Coyla, the pic was taken when i was only 59 kgs. and that was Last June, I am to get down to at least 60 by this Feb (cuz I am attending my best's friend wed). Thanks for your encouragement, i ll stick to the advice in forums.

@Rubybelle: It feels so good to hear that somebody does understand how i feel, i feel so down atm. you;re right that i might need to be more accurate on the calorie i burned when i exercise I too find the overestimate in this site. I ll keep up with what im doing and will open my diary (tho, i dont really know hoe ywt..hehehe)

@paniogal: i did weight myself this morning naked! see those no. is just a nightmare :( Amyway, thx for your comment, I ll keep trying till I reach my goal :) Best of luck to you too.
  • grizworl
    Options
    I was the same way. Some days I'd see a pounds come off and others I would gain the weight. I then was introduced to a program called take shape for life. It is the health coaching division for medifast. I have been on the program for a month and have lost over 10 pounds. This program teaches you how to become nutritional sound. I like it so much that I have decided to be a health coach and help others lose weight and optain optimal health.

Check it out and good luck. http://griselda.tsfl.com/coach-home