How many calories should an obese woman have starting out?

Options
I'm 6'0 & 245 pounds. According to my BMR, I should be eating around 2,000 calories. I've been dieting since Saturday eating around 1,700-1800 calories w/ little to no exercise right now. I do work a retail job 3 days a week & am on the go a lot due to college, but I don't count those things as exercise. I do have a few ?'s.

Is 1,800 too little or too much? (They say to never go under your BMR, but I am considered obese, so maybe this doesn't apply here).

If I introduce exercise into my diet, 30 minutes 4 days a week, what should I be eating then?

I lost 10 pounds since Saturday (was 255), I know it's mostly water weight, and due to the fact that I was eating practically double what I am now. I'm just afraid I'm not eating enough starting out?

Replies

• wonca
    wonca Posts: 81
    Options
    I would tell you to set up your profile and goals and go with what MFP recommends to start out with and make adjustments from there.

As you add exercise into your routine, you'll log that information and it will automatically adjust your calories.

MFP makes the whole thing incredibly easy.
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    perhaps you should go see a nutritionist just a few times to help get you started properly and healthfully. Good luck :)