Advice for night time noshers??

Options
I'm completely devoted to my diet during the day but when it comes past 9:00pm I'm overeating, and its horrible! I wake up in the morning and I don't even want to eat breakfast thinking about how many plates of food I had the previous night. Any advice or anyone in the same boat?

Replies

• Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    only thing that works for me is going to bed.
  • mccrockl
    mccrockl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I try to save a reasonable amount of calories for the evening because I like to snack at night.
  • TheShelterCat
    Options
    The past week I've been in the same boat. I've indulvged, leaving me feeling guilty afterwards and well into the next day. I'm just going to try thinking about other things as I'm in bed and see how it goes. It worked for me before and then I fell into the habit.

You may also not be getting enough vitamins or nutrients through out the day which could cause late time munchies- some people say try just drinking some water and it may go away which has also worked out in my case.

Either way, good luck!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I try to save a reasonable amount of calories for the evening because I like to snack at night.

^ This.
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    What the others have said. Also I am trying to condition myself to think of a cup of herbal tea as my food cutoff point.
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    i always have a midnight snack about 250 cals usually ice cream
  • KWake1
    KWake1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Go brush your teeth. If you're bored it'll give you something to do. If you're craving a taste the minty toothpast should help. And no food tastes good after toothpaste. Also, you won't want to ruin that smooth teeth feeling with crappy food.
  • jamja
    jamja Posts: 190
    Options
    Yup brush and floss.
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Or if you go to the gym and take protein and stuff... Protein not only fills up the tummy but, if done correctly, the thought of food will make you sick.

Well, at least it does for me. As always, what works for me may not work for the rest of the world. But, hey, it's an idea!
  • thesmellofapples
    thesmellofapples Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm completely devoted to my diet during the day but when it comes past 9:00pm I'm overeating, and its horrible! I wake up in the morning and I don't even want to eat breakfast thinking about how many plates of food I had the previous night. Any advice or anyone in the same boat?

i've had this problem since i dieted and the other day a mfp friend gave me advice to eat a big meal around 7 or 8. i usually stay up until 2am so i figured i would eat all of my calories at 7 and then overeat later when i get hungry. the advice actually worked. i eat a good amount of my calories early and then i feel full and i don't end up snacking nearly as much later at night.
  • joannedhingra
    Options
    Me too! This has been a lifelong problem.....After 9 pm, i can devour more calories than i had all day!! Here is what i just started doing: saving the calories for the food that comforts me. For me, a fried egg on toast with hot sauce- don't ask, it just is my comfort food. I am also taking PGX shortly after dinner, so that my stomach will feel full in the evening. It also increases your fiber and evens out sugar peak in your bloodstream. I have just started, so can't report if this will be successful. I have hope, though, and thought i would share my new idea.