Hey I'm new and my fitness is suffering.

My name is Lisa.
I am only the age of 18 but it doesn't mean it's less important of me to get fit.
My housemate is trying to lose weight too, he's 36 and is a big boy :tongue:
I decided I needed to get fit and in shape when I started gaining weight constantly and feeling really bad about myself.
No one should feel bad about themselves so that is one reason.
Another reason is because I cannot walk up a small hill without having to stop and catch my breath multiple times.
Same with going up stairs.
I wake up around 10am-1pm. Should I wake up earlier?
I could wake up when my roommate goes to work (5.30am)
What are good recipes to eat etc?
I find myself snacking A LOT which I want to stop or snack on good healthy recipes.

THANK YOU in advance! :heart:

Also feel free to add me as a friend. I'll be your motivation buddy if you be mine :)

Replies

• MadDogTannen22
    MadDogTannen22 Posts: 88 Member
    Hi Lisa,
    I applaud your efforts to start living a healthier life! It sounds like you have many questions you are wanting to learn the answers to. This is such a great community to join. It will probably take a while to learn a lot about health, I think most of us are still learning, and this definitely includes me!!!
    I suggest to log your food and any exercise, and be sure to log every morsel! I think it is the fastest way to learn. Plus, read the community posts, i have learned so much from there as well.
    Feel free to add me!!
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Logging your food and exercise is the best way to start. Logging every day is important, even if you are not proud of what you ate that day!

Good luck, I sent you a friend request. I applaud you for taking the initiative to make yourself healthier. Starting at such a young age will reward you in so many ways!

I'm rooting for you!
  • :flowerforyou: hi Lisa, this is a great way to keep track of your eating habits and calorie intake.. take one day at a time. Best of luck
  • ShannieRay
    ShannieRay Posts: 80 Member
    My name is Lisa.
    I am only the age of 18 but it doesn't mean it's less important of me to get fit.
    My housemate is trying to lose weight too, he's 36 and is a big boy :tongue:
    I decided I needed to get fit and in shape when I started gaining weight constantly and feeling really bad about myself.
    No one should feel bad about themselves so that is one reason.
    Another reason is because I cannot walk up a small hill without having to stop and catch my breath multiple times.
    Same with going up stairs.
    I wake up around 10am-1pm. Should I wake up earlier?
    I could wake up when my roommate goes to work (5.30am)
    What are good recipes to eat etc?
    I find myself snacking A LOT which I want to stop or snack on good healthy recipes.

THANK YOU in advance! :heart:

Also feel free to add me as a friend. I'll be your motivation buddy if you be mine :)
    Hey im new here also and it can be very challenging at times. When losing weight i feel its best if you look at it as a change in life style rather a diet.....Track your meals( i mean every single thing you put in your mouth), drink LOTS of water and start walking ALOT or as much as u can...i think if you follow these simple steps your weight will start to fall off and as you go along in ur weight loss journey u can find other exercises and meals that are best for YOU!!!....Everyones weightloss is different so dont be too hard on urself u will be just fine!!!...Im gonna add you as a friend and you can see some of the different meals i try to make on my dairy...GOOD LUCK!!!
  • hello and welcome here hope you have a great day