Runner what's your drive for running?

Options
I started running because people said I couldn't do it...said I was crazy. I still use that as fuel but now I run because it gives me a feeling that I can do anything. If I can run 39.2 miles in 2 days I can do anything. Now I'm addicted and love running. We also ran our first half and full in honor of my hubby's 10 years cancer free and for those who have been affected by cancer. While training for the first goofy challenge we lost my uncle to cancer who was a big supporter when my husband was struggling with leukemia. I always think about him when I run!

What's your drive for running?

Replies

• koylefam
    koylefam Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    my drive for running is the freedom I get from all my responsibility. YES that sounds selfish, but I believe taking time to run and put everything aside makes me a better mother, wife, and employee. because it gives me a mental break from all my to do's. I also run to give my body the endorphins it needs to keep me from the efects of depression( we lost a baby at full term this past mach, she gave us 20 minutes of Heaven, then slipped away) so yes all my reasons are selfish, but I believe they make me better for those I love.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Running for me is "ME" time. I get to just listen to music and relax. It's the best!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I started because I was 39 and had never done anything like it before and still had about 50 pounds to lose...expected to eventually run a 5K; had no idea I would be running a half marathon a year later. Now I can't imagine not running.
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Running is da bomb!
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    WOW I had that same drive. In the beginning there were people who would laugh at me or not take my seriously when I said I would start running. Next thing you know I showed them I could do it and now they are keeping their mouth shuts. I'm also addicted to running now and I'm on my way to a 1/2 Marathon and hopefully a full marathon
  • Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I agree. I NEVER used to run at ALL and now I LOVE it :) I never do walking on the treamill hardly. It makes me feel strong and empowered!! Its a huge rush and makes you feel sooo good and accomplished. I love challenging myself so I always try to go faster or longer!!!
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    It was something I was awful at in high school. I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it - and I can :)
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    I run for my sanity!

I've been benched due to a knee injury and I am going crraaazzzyyyy!
  • andy7787
    Options
    When people say i cant do something is a big thing for me i keep pushing myyself and i lose myself thinkn when i run now and just listen to music