Getting started...

Options
Well, I joined the gym about 6 weeks ago and my weight was well over 215. I lost a good 10 pounds right away and then had a poor couple of weeks and gained a few pounds back. Now that I have found myfitnesspal I am so excited it is really helping me to stay on track. I actually look forward to posting my progress. I have a big goal but it is so do-able.

Replies

• tnkgregg
    tnkgregg Posts: 5
    Options
    Well, I joined the gym about 6 weeks ago and my weight was well over 215. I lost a good 10 pounds right away and then had a poor couple of weeks and gained a few pounds back. Now that I have found myfitnesspal I am so excited it is really helping me to stay on track. I actually look forward to posting my progress. I have a big goal but it is so do-able.
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    I love this site also. I joined in March and lost 10 pounds in 5 weeks but then got a bit cocky and gained 4 back. I don't want to do that again for awhile though as summer is almost here and I'm running out of time so I am right back on track again. It is pretty easy when you put your mind to it and do a bit of planning when you shop. I am eating a lot of fruit salad these days, with yoghurt and raisins and not too many pecans, but some. I make huge bowls of the stuff to have on hand for when I am hungry as if I am not prepared, I will eat anything in sight.
    I have a punch pass for the gym but cannot seem to get myself there. I just keep saying, soon I will, but I never do. But soon I will. haha I do walk my dog though.
    Hmmmm rambling a bit here. sorry.
  • spoiledangel
    Options
    I found this site a few days ago and I like i a lot there is so much encouragement and support.I lost 5 lbs last week but put on 1 lb this week i was a lil sad but I started dancing around the house and had much more energy then before so that has helped. this site give you so much help and support. this site plus slim fast has made a big difference in my life.I hope to make my goal weigh by Oct. :heart:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website on the web. I :heart: it here and I think you will too. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive and so easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • tnkgregg
    tnkgregg Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey... thanks for the encouragement!!!! I got on the scale this morning and I've lost another 2 pounds. You, also, are doing an AWESOME job! :happy: :happy:

I love your scripture. God's word always sustains me.

Blessings and enjoy your wonderful day!!!!!!

Kerrianne
  • spoiledangel
    Options
    I got on the scale today and I have lost another 2lbs I am so proud of myself and all of you for the support and encouragment that I am getting being here. I love this place and the ppl here. I wish all of you the best in all of your hope, dreams and weight goals. we can all do this TOGETHER!! :smile:
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    welcome! glad you are sticking with it :smile: